Alternatives to Zapier or Integromat

Is that from the webhook? If so you have to use the value within the bundle.

1 Like

No it’s straight from a Google Sheet.

What does your Integromat scenario look like? Are you triggering on new rows?

Yes, when a new row is added, an email is sent the recipient in that row.

I’m not sure why Integromat is not reading the email from the Sheet, but I would advise using Webhook to make it surely instant.

This is the error I am getting:

BundleValidationError

Validation failed for 1 parameter(s).

• Missing value of required parameter ‘Email address’.

Seems like you need to point to the actual value of the field instead of just the column (if it’s available), I was getting that problem in a webhook last week. Can you confirm?

Oh not this is for my previous method…just mentioning if that made a difference. Let me try the webhook.

Can the email connection be a no-reply email?

Yes. I use no-reply emails in mine.
As long as it’s valid, and you can authenticate the account, I think that’s all you need.

2 Likes

Ok, Let me try… Thanks!

Do I just add noreply@domain.com as an alias?

If you make it an alias to your own account, then you’ll need to authenticate it from Integromat with your own account, and any replies to it will land in your inbox.

Probably better to make it a first class account (ie. an actual user account), and keep it separate.

At least that’s what I did.

1 Like

Do you have an auto reply set up? Something like an error or no one is checking this email? I know I get it sometimes.

That’s completely up to you.
I don’t bother - it’s already called “no-reply”, so if people are silly enough to reply and expect a response that’s their problem, not mine :laughing:

2 Likes

Lol…ok! Thanks!

Last question, Do you have it to automatically delete if any come thru?

haha, no.
I don’t even look at it.
But I guess you could do that if you want to keep things nice and tidy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Gotcha!

So I created another email under my domain for the app already. If I add an alias there, there is no way integromat can know I want to use this alias correct?

No, I don’t think so.
But that seems a bit backwards.
Email aliases are generally used for receiving email, not for sending…

(maybe I’m misunderstanding)

It’s just using the alias for the connection, but that can’t work.