Allow User to Copy and Paste Items

It would be great if there was a way to copy and paste an item, for example, shopping apps, listings, marketplaces e.g. let’s take a real estate app as an example, where user can add a new home, then copy that entry and paste it keeping all the same info, then can go in and edit just a few different items like address, appliances, etc

This would help the user not to have to enter the same info for every item that has very similar features

I just added something like this in my app. I have advanced students and basic students. Sometimes a basic student will move up to the advanced level. In the edit details screen of my app, I added a form button which takes all of the column values in the basic student sheet and writes them to the advanced student sheet. Basically a copy/paste. You could do the same thing within the same sheet.

3 Likes

Interesting I’ll have to play around with that. so basically the form button lives inside the form once user clicks ‘edit’

1 Like

It’s not a form within a form. Just a single form on the edit screen of an existing student. I could have, but didn’t want to display it on the student detail view screen, so I hid it in the edit screen.

1 Like

@Izzy It seems like a nice feature request if it’s not already there. That way you can add an unprocessed item to @JackVaughan’s hidden tab.

1 Like

You could also use a form possibly where the user would select from a list the item they want to duplicate and then just click the duplicate button. In the background you would use use the columns components to auto submit a new entry duplicating the selected row.

1 Like