Allow the user to choose column (Quizzes)

I’ve created a quiz app for my students and a way to give them feedback on their results. I want them to then go back and take the test again correcting their errors. I’ve created columns to capture the results of each attempt (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc). I need to find a way for them to see the results of their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th attempts. Is there a way to allow the user to select which column they see?

While I’m at it, is there a way to have them make a choice and get immediate feedback on whether that choice matches another column (the key)? So for item number 1 if they select “C”, they are shown the calculation from another column that indicates if that is correct or not.

You ask a question then you find the answer. I solved my issue by creating a button for each column that contained the attempt (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc). Now I have a mastery test where students can enter their answers, see what they got wrong (make a note of it) resubmit just those answers, and see the results. They can do this up to 7 times (choices A-H).

1 Like

Mind sharing your app?

Hi Herbert,
I have tried it but was not successful. How do you have multiple users take the quiz and record the answers in one column? Also, how do you compare results with their answers, because that kind of logical comparison is not available in glideapp?

Sure, here’s the app. I have some sample data in there to show how it works. I Made this app for Teams. Each team will actually have their own app. I can clear the data and enter the new answer for the next assessment. I won’t be piloting it until April 13.

Let me know if there are any questions.
Masteryquizsample.glideapp.io

I could probably conquer that one by using email logins but the that would take more time than I currently have so instead I make a separate for each team. This app was specifically made for teams and the responses are cleared out and a new key entered for each assessment.

Wow! You have Sign in with Google. How did you do that? Is that a new feature in Glideapps?

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah…this is now built into all my teacher/student apps. Hooray for data security and SSO with Google!