Airtable & Excel Early Adopters Wanted

Sent you a DM if you could respond there with more info about your app. Thanks!

We broke something. It should be fixed on Wednesday.

1 Like

@Mark This seems unavoidable to get the full power of Airtable in Glide. The point is what was feasible through the all process COupler.IO google sheets is not anymore doable with the current version.

Hi @Mark, is there a specific Airtable/ Glide dev roadmap I can see? I want to try Glide & Airtable, but need to know which features are stable, so I don’t work on/ deploy something to my client that isn’t quite ready yet.

Looks really encouraging :+1:
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Mark, I’ve spun up a test app - and it looks pretty cool so far…

However it’s missing a fundamental feature that I need… linked records and lookup fields.
That’s why I use Airtable - so I can have a list of areas in a table linked to an enquiry… And when my user loads a new enquiry, they need to be able to quickly add a list.

Please let me know when will this be available, so I can continue evaluating Glide as a solution for my client?

Thanks

1 Like

Linked records and lookup fields should work, but for now you can’t edit linked records via Glide. We will implement that, but I can’t give you an ETA.

3 Likes

After trying Airtable connection both in Glide Apps & Pages I conclude that Glide Pages improvements as carrousel component must come hand by hand with the ability to edit Airtable links and multi attachment Airtable fields edition capabilities. The magic of Glide building beatiful and modern user oriented front ends and the power of Airtable as background data manager is a truly game changer.

While testing this beta integration I made use also of Glide tables in combination with Airtable synced ones so some of the data needed to make apps & Pages functional resides only in Glide.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Mark. This announcement has the Airtable community buzzing - especially those of us with clients requiring a slick mobile experience.

But unfortunately, without having the core power of airtable built into Glide, means it’s a non-starter at this time.

I’ll happily assist your team with testing should they require assistance.

5 Likes

Just tried it out. It’s pretty cool, but I echo what Bryan said. I really need linked records and lookup fields. I’m happy to be a beta tester when it’s ready.

2 Likes

Agree…

Also a way to edit & render multi attachment Airtable fields…

1 Like

Did someone already tried as an array columns (emails) and make it as row owners?
Looks like not working in the app… Thanks.

It will only work if the array was created in a google sheet (via consecutive numbering of column headings), and rendered as an array in the glide data editor.

Otherwise, an array in glide is a computed value. Computed values are computed on the end user’s device. Data has to be sent to a user’s device for it to be computed. If data has to be sent so it can be computed as an array to be used for determining Row Ownersship, then you have already exposed the data by sending all of it to all users and it’s too late.

So, applying row owners on a computed array value after the data has been sent to the user is pointless. That’s why it’s not possible.

1 Like

Hey @Jeff_Hager, I just wonder on this… It works on the editor, yet not work in the published App.

Airtable: image

Glide App Editor:

Published App: (No data shown)

It shouldn’t work according to my understanding, if it truly is a column value that’s computed on the user’s device. Is that a make array column? Normally you can’t assign row owners to columns like that,but the make array column is new and maybe has some bugs that still allow you to assign it as a row owner column. How are you putting data in that column?

Keep in mind that the data editor in glide kind of ignores row owners, so results may vary compared to the the app itself. However the design builder usually respects row owners, so it is weird that it’s showing different results compared to the published version.

Jeff - see the below thread for some additional background on this one…

2 Likes

Thanks @Darren_Murphy :+1:

Yeah! That’s why I really wonder since it works on the editor, yet not on the published version. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I haven’t used Airtable, so maybe there are still some bugs. What I described applies for Google sheets and glide tables for sure, and computed columns as far as I’m aware.

Airtable integration with ability to edit linked record will be game changer and will put glide ahead.

3 Likes

This is a bug. It’ll be fixed Friday next week at the latest.

4 Likes