Add Row in Custom Action

Is it possible to choose “Add Row” in a custom action and then use the new RowID from that row to add another row in a different table? If so, how would that work?

I struggled with this because I bet you want to reference back to the new object/row.

I ended up using @Robert_Petitto technique for creating your own “form add” with the twist that I create a “uniqueID” and store it in the “working table” before collecting the input. Then I used the uniqueID as the identifier instead of the RowID.

I use it in about 10 relations to track interconnections between meetings/feedback/agendas/tasks/posts etc and it works well.

Hope this makes sense.

1 Like

Thanks Matt. I’m not quite sure what you’re saying. Here are some more specifics of what I’m trying to do:

1. I have a conference, people and attendees table (with the attendees as the join between conference and people)
  2. On the conference screen I have an add attendee button which opens an attendee form. This has a choice component to select a person.

But I want to add a button on that screen to add a new person, capture the rowid of the new person and add it to the attendee table for the given conference.

Does that make sense? Any suggestions?

This is exactly what I do whenever I need to create a parent record, and add one or more child records in the same step.

1 Like