šŸ†• Actions! āš”āš”āš”

Action to Like posts with Double Click is updated: Test it too!

2 Likes

AM facing an issue in compound actions from mobile but it works fine in builder, Add new row is not working

1 Like

The issue continues

Yes today it was working couple of hours ago now its not

1 Like

Oh no again :sob:

@JackVaughan @Robert_Petitto letā€™s try creating a jingle with this new brand feature

Sounds in Actions

6 Likes

@Manan_Mehta thatā€™s great

1 Like

This is still not fixedā€¦ itā€™s been 14 days - is there an update on this?

It seems like the same bug across many of the action workflows.

Takeaway: ā€œActionsā€ from workflow seem to only work in the development area - it doesnā€™t work in a userā€™s app.

There may be some types of actions that work in user mobiles. I know for sure the ā€˜incrementā€™ isnā€™t working outside the development area.

1 Like

Works for meā€¦ I have a number of custom actions that include increment, and all are working fine (both in the editor and the app).

And they are able to increment global values ? Not just user specific values?

Also works for me, and itā€™s a global value.

Yes, in fact there is an example I talked about in this post. I was originally incrementing a user-specifc column, and then switched to a global value. In both cases the incrementing was working fine.

1 Like

Thanks, OK, Iā€™ll do some further testing to see if itā€™s working for my users now

I wrote to glide support and they solve the problem for me.

I got the same error. Did you manage to figure out what the problem is?

Hi Andrey .Iā€™ve not tested this anymore. Since this is still in beta I expect this to be fixed along the way.

Honest questionā€¦ are Actions known to be buggy? I ask because Iā€™ve created a few that I consider to be fairly simple (clear columns in a couple different sheets, go back, etc), and they work sometimes and sometimes donā€™t. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s the fact that there are multiple action components firing that are hitting multiple sheets, but the results are very inconsistent.

Is this a common experience?

3 Likes

Can you please share a screenshot of a buggy action? And what is the buggy behavior?

One thing that we see a lot of, that we didnā€™t anticipate, is interleaving row updates with navigation (e.g. Go Back, Set a Value, Go Back, Go Back, Set a Value).

3 Likes

The buggy actions that Iā€™m seeing are a combination of ā€œset column in this sheet to clear some valuesā€ ; ā€œset column in that sheet to update a user profile (through a relation)ā€ , ā€œlink to screen to show the submission informationā€.

Iā€™ve tried to rearrange the actions and sometimes it seems to help, but itā€™s hit or miss. I can understand some things needing to be done first, but clearing values shouldnā€™t need a specific order unless theyā€™re passing to other screens first.

The frustrating thing is that Iā€™ll make an action, try it and it will workā€¦ Then Iā€™ll go try it again and it doesnā€™t fully execute (seems to ignore parts of it and only clears certain columns, not all the ones in the action). This behaviour makes the action unreliable when Iā€™m trying to make it part of a ā€œrequiredā€ process.

Hereā€™s a support link to my app: https://go.glideapps.com/support/c7f90b98-4c7f-4947-ba07-dc108f4959ad

2 Likes