A Minor Tweak to a Grocery App - Clearing the Values in a specific column after a specific time period

Gidday All,
Hope you’re having a great day, start to the day or evening.

A wee while ago I developed a Grocery List app which really only has 7 columns:

Basically I simply edit the specific row item to include the unit price of the item (as I walk around the supermarket) (and if necessary update the # of items for the specific row item if necessary) and it calculates the total price as well as gives a running total. (So I don’t get bill shock at the checkout!!!)

I added a date/time column in the attempt to set a timeframe for when the unit price column should be cleared (after shopping) and then tried to set an action/s to see if the unit price column values will be deleted (or cleared).

However the column values for the unit price column do not delete (and I have to manually go into the datasheet to delete all values in this column.

Is there a way to have these values cleared automatically after a set time period please?

I don’t want the rows deleted. Only the values that have been entered into the Unit Price column to clear (or delete) automatically.

It’s not a big issue however, if there is a way to do this, then I’ll increase my learning of the Glide platform.

Or, is it not possible to set for a column to clear the values please.

Many thanks. Any ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

There is no easy way to clear multiple rows, unless you are on a Business Plan - which I assume is not the case.

However, you can employ a bit of smoke and mirrors to make it “look” like they’ve been cleared.
It can get a bit complicated, so before I launch into an explanation can you please show me what your current interface looks like? ie. a screen shot from the Layout Editor, showing where you enter the values.

Hi Darren,

Main screen and here is a copy of the edit screen

As you can see, it’s rather a very basic and simple app and it works well.

You’re right I am on the free plan rather than a business plan.

This was the 2nd app I developed on the Glide platform. I’m like the fact that I can enter the unit price and have it calculate the cost of the item/s and give a roll up / running total.

Many thanks. Any ideas you think would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a simple template that you can copy and study.

Hi Darren,
Many, many thanks. Greatly appreciate this

Gidday Darren,
Many, many thanks for referring me to the Shopping List Concept template. I was able to review the template in detail and now have my grocery app working very well indeed.

Once again many thanks - very greatly appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.