Why my text entry already contains a value?

Hello guys :wave:

I have a question regarding Text Entry components,
I recently built a small app that contains a custom page with a form where some candidates can subscribe.

My form is now built with a form container, but unfortunately, it seems the form containers’ button labels cannot be renamed. Which is a little bit tricky since my clients want their app in French.
I know buttons can be renamed in normal containers, so to use them instead and added a few Text Entries inside.
I would love to understand why my text entry is already filled with a value. It looks like the value comes from the first row of my source table.

This is not clear to me since all I’m doing is clicking on a tab that brings me to the form page, and the text entry already contains the values from the first row. Why is my first row already loaded on the screen ?

Let me know if this required moire details :slight_smile:
Thanks !

This is because you added the text entry component outside the form container, and so it picks up the column value from the table row that the parent screen is attached to - which is the first row in your table.

If you need to change the form button labels, then your only option might be to use a Custom Form.

Thanks @Darren_Murphy !
If my understanding is correct, by default, the parent screen is attached to the 1st row of the Table ?
Because I haven’t clicked on any candidate to have the row attached to the screen.
All I do is sign in and I directly land on the form…

By default, yes.

But that could change if you applied a filter, or were using row owners.

I understand now, thank you so much @Darren_Murphy your rock !

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.