Where do I put the live api key for stripe

I just got off with Stripe support.

Apparently, Glide is putting my payment requests through “test” mode. Test mode is not turned on in my Stripe dashboard. I processed a live payment successfully yesterday.

I see the LIVE API key on my Stripe Dashboard, but I don’t see anywhere in my Published Pro app to put that API key.

I have a publishable key and a secret key.

In case it’s not clear, Stripe is showing this message on my purchase screen:

And on my Stripe Dashboard, I am not in test mode:

in the live app, it will process the live key, in developer mode, it will process the test key… in test mode use the card number 42424242424242

1 Like

OK. Yes, I know about the developer card. OK, I can test the App as installed. I wish there was a way to test LIVE in the BUILDER.

When I use the TEST mode, I am getting an error, so Glide support told me to process a LIVE transaction. SO I just started using a LIVE card in the builder.

Can you tell this is the first time I’m integrating with Stripe?

Not sure why I am getting an error in TEST mode (“The product no longer exists”).

And I cannot empty my cart.

you are probably using some computing columns to calculate the total, use static… meaning before going to checkout, set a number column with the calculated total and use it for stripe total…
the reason for this is to make sure that the total value will not change during the payment process, that’s why it has to come from a static column, not computed or logic

Well, that’s a good guess, but no. I am using static columns for everything.

The first time I implement something, I always start out simple and expand from there after I have things working.

There’s no tax or shipping or anything for this app. It’s a “donate” button. Fixed amount.

can you make a screenshot from columns that you are using to feed info for the buy button, and a screenshot for the buy button configuration?

1 Like

You pegged it in your first response.

Being the first time, I did not know you could only do test payments in the builder, and only live payments in the live app.

I just processed a payment live from my live app.

Thank you for your help.

Still in the boat that I can no longer successfully process a test payment in the builder because I cannot empty my cart and the payment processor says, “Product no longer exists!”

I’ll get some screen shots in the morning for that. It’s late here.

Thanks again.

1 Like

probably has something to do with your product stack amount… that you have, if this is a fixed product, do not use a cart.
I always build my own cart and my own payment processing… so I have full control of the process.

Yes, I did build my own cart after I figured out what I am doing.

BUT, the cart already has an item in it, and I cannot delete it, and I think it’s messing with my testing payment process even though I now am bypassing the Glide cart.

I think you have to delete it on the stripe developer page, not in the glide… I never deal with it so is just a guess… as I said, I always use my own cart and my own buy button

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.