Webhook Action: How it works?

Is there a way to send a webhook response with a success or failure message that gets shown in Glide? Integromat has the ability to send webhook responses. It would be a great feature!

1 Like

I don’t believe you can capture the webhook response with the Glide webhook action.
But it is possible if you send a webhook using Apps Script.

I set up my webhook according to the tutorial (thanks!). But I keep getting an error in Integromat regarding the sender’s email address.
I want to make sure that the users of the app (not me) can send emails (invoices comprised on data on screen) to me. Obviously, they have an email different from mine, but Integromat doesn’t seem to allow sending emails from a different address than mine. Is there a way to set that up (in Integromat or Google console)?

You must have access to their email to allow that to happen. It’s a logical security measure to prevent you from sending emails without people’s consent. An alternative way is using the compose email action.

Yes, but that doesn’t give me the opportunity to incorporate the values I want into the email.

Why is it important that the emails come from email accounts other than your own?
If the emails are being sent to you, then why should it matter where/who they come from, as long as they contain the information that you need?

As Thihn pointed out, it’s not possible to send email on behalf of another user, unless that user explicitly provides you with access to their account.

1 Like

What I’m trying to do is have the users of the app send an email to my address with specific values that form an invoice. Just wondering whether that’s possible with a webhook or another way.

Why does it need to be from their address though? You can just send it to yourself and CC them. Does it work?

Sorry, not sure I understand. How can I send it to myself if they’re the app’s user?
Unless this scenario is possible:
The user is logged in with their email address, but when they trigger the webhook, the email comes to me from my email address, and it includes their user info in the email body. Is that something that’s possible?

Sorry if I’m not making sense :confused:

Yes this is possible using webhook.

This is somewhat similar to (for example) your Website having a enquiry form, and when some visitor of your website submit details through this form and you get an email having submitted details.

Yes that’s totally possible. Using a webhook you’re passing whatever info you need to be sent to yourself in the email, then just reference those in the email module (of Integromat or Zapier).

I can’t seem to figure this out, any help would be appreciated.
My goal is to send an automatic email at a specific date using glide and zapier.
I created a custom action that has a condition and when that condition is met it triggers a web hook… Or at least I think it should. This is where I get stuck. Shouldn’t it “ping” zapier webhook and then execute sending the email. I should note I can get it to work when I manually trigger, but I’m looking for it to be automatic.

You can’t have a time-based trigger in Glide. A Zapier action or a webhook action can only be triggered by a user action.

If you want the time-based trigger to be automatic, use the schedule function of Integromat or Zapier to do so, then try to reproduce the steps you have already done for Integromat/Zapier to look for the data and do the next steps.

3 Likes

Good to know, thank you.

:point_up_2:this

1 Like

I surely hope we can, though, haha.