Workaround For Managing The Webhooks

So I have a workaround That I’ve been testing so for and it seems it will do the job for the time being but this will require you to have an extra 2 operation per run if you are using zapier or integromat in these cases and its a long process but it will do the job and it will save a lot of time

You can achieve this by the following

1. You will create 1 webhook called router webhook and this will act as a router and as per the image below you will have the 2nd action as an HTTP basic request to send the right URL and parameters in it

2. You will map the URL that you will need to call in a normal value and send it to step number 1

3. Map the values you receive in the webhook and send it to the 2nd module and that’s it

What is the benefit from the above way?

Now you can have a table in glide table and store in it your URL of the webhooks to change it any time and you can look them up by a relation to that row or a template column any will do the job and you can edit them at anytime and the only static webhook will remain is the router webhook that you don’t need to change

This is just a workaround for the time being until Glide implements the feature request if they are planning to soon

Cheers!

4 Likes

When you say Map the values you receive in the webhook, what do you mean, put the webhook link in a tab with the parameters you are going to pass? Thank you!

So the trigger will be always in glide a static URL that you will create once and it won’t be changed but the URL that you will send in the first parameter is dynamic and can be changed in a table or mapped from it in glide

So the trigger from glide will trigger in make and will have a payload with data parameters one of them is the URL that you will map it in the second action which is HTTP request and you will resend the params to it.

This will give you freedom to control the Webhooks in glide table and modify and edit them freely

2 Likes

Many thanks

i understand the part where we will have a column in glide table just for webhook URL but i don’t understand where do you put all your data before triggering the webhook ?

You would still have to input those params in the webhook action, I think that’s what he meant.