Weather app with just Google Sheet Formula!

The load time is very slow…and also showing as an error on the sheet.

what would be a better solution, @ThinhDinh ?

all the scripts I have found requiere a lot of data in others sheet to function,

can you point me to a better way? really need help in this one!

1 Like

Lets see what we can do!

1 Like

It’s not for your case, but if I need data from other sources I would rather use an API connector or if it constantly needs to be updated then my Python coding (disclaimer: doesn’t work with cases where you need to interact with user’s input).

2 Likes

its for places in a list, it doesn’t need user input, just for information purposes

Another tip might be to just pull Google weather and set it to web view. But I wouldn’t be very happy with that myself. Let me see if I can come up with something seeing as its important for Erni_D.

1 Like

Got it. The issue was when I pasted the code, the double and single quotes were different and not being recognized as part of the code.

1 Like

Happy to see it worked for you! Cheers mate!

Maybe that’s what i didn’t check.

Diferentes language settings in Google Sheets have different ways to display de " double or single ’ the same goes for ; and ,

Sorry I didn’t clarify this.

1 Like

Actually Jeff told me about this a long time ago.

2 Likes

One of the ideas that I had for this was to pre-populate a form field. For example, the temperature was XX degrees when this was submitted. The issue that I am running into is that if I select the space where the current temp is, when I submit the form it wants to write back to that space. So I need it to pull from one cell and write to another. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

A form shouldn’t be overwriting anything as it only writes new rows to any sheet you choose. Are you sure you are using a form? In a form you can use the column values to write values from the screen you are viewing. You can see these values under add components once you click on the form button.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll play around with it more. I think I know what my issue was, but may reach out to you once I dig deeper.

1 Like

Hope this helps - Just create a free account copy/paste sheet. This is probably a better option than the one you’re using at the moment.

2 Likes

Hey @Wiz.Wazeer,

I just tried this. I followed all the steps as shown but the system says: ReferenceError: “url” is not defined. (line 7, file “Code”) Dismiss

Do you know how to fix it?

Hey @Erni_D,

I am using your GS with the City but I am not sure if it is actually referring to the city that I want. How can I make it to where it shows city, state as in Tyler, TX?

Thanks,

P.S. I am really new to these formulas so I am learning as fast as I can.

Where did you get this script from? Can I get the original source?

Hey @ThinhDinh

I got it from here: https://support.geckoboard.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314537-Create-a-weather-widget-using-Google-Sheets.

@Wiz.Wazeer Posted it here.

The line 6 should be “var url…”

1 Like