Weather app with just Google Sheet Formula!

Hey @ThinhDinh

I changed it and it gives me a different error.

Thanks,

It should be “var url = …” instead of “var url ;”

I am sorry @ThinhDinh,

I am not a formula or code kinda guy.

It’s giving me another error:

You missed that equal sign, make it the same as the below rows.

Santiago,

It should be:

var url = “http........”

Thanks to you both @ThinhDinh @gvalero

It is working now but I don’t think it’s actually showing anything weather related.

I think there’s a further typo in that URL. It should be “encodeURL” instead of “encodeURI” isn’t it?

What is it returning?

It’s showing an error in the workbook saying that I did not enter the API which I did input.

Did you provide the right details in the right cells for the “weather” sheet? Did you run the script while you are opening the “weather” sheet?

Yes, to both.

I have checked it several times and it seems that I have everything where it needs to go.

From the image they have on the site, it seems that your code has not been put the right way in the URL.

That encodeURI (or URL, whatever) should be showed as black text.

I am hitting a Big wall here. According to the directions they have, I am supposed to put the API in Cell A5.

I have not idea where or how to add the URL/URI.

I don’t think there are any other wrong things except your format of the URL. See what they did with the “encodeURI” part, it’s not inside quotation marks. Do just like them and I think you’ll be fine.

Thank you @ThinhDinh,

It is working now. I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Ha, finally it works :sweat_smile:

1 Like

programming-is-like-writing-a-book-except-when-you-miss-61415328

6 Likes

Totally I agree! :joy:

1 Like

I would appreciate if you all would UPLIKE this daily weather widget request I submitted to Glide! The more votes the more likely they’ll put it on as a feature! THANKS!
GLIDE WEATHER FEATURE REQUEST LINK