Using a Custom Form to populate relational tables

Hi everyone, I’m a newbie at Glide and really happy to finally join the community. I’m still learning about how to build forms so I would like some advice on how best to approach a custom form.

I’s like to create a form to capture preliminary info about projects. I would then like the details in the form to be captured in relational tables with a one to many hierarchies e.g. Project → Project Site -->Rooms.

The idea is that in the future I can add additional project site to be associated with the project, or additional rooms associated with the project site.

What’s the best approach to achieve this? And is this possible to do from a single form?

I would make a clear hierarchy for this and not trying to do that within a single form.

• A form for adding Projects
  • Inside the Project details screen, add a collection for related Project Sites and add a form in that collection to add new Project Sites. Collect the Project’s rowID to create the relation.
  • Inside the Project Sites details screen, add a collection for related Roóm and add a form in that collection to add new roóm. Collect the Project Site’s rowID to create the relation.
1 Like

Many thanks @ThinhDinh your approach was very helpful and I was able to get it done

1 Like

Glad to hear!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.