Users Table data not visible in a Layout Screen using a Relation

Hello,

I’m having trouble getting data from the Users Table to show up on the Layout Screens.

I have a task that requires 2 people to perform it each weekday and I have 10 people that belong to 5 teams, 2 people per team. I have entered their names into the User Table and assigned each of them a Team Number, 1 to 5.

I have a Calculations Table that uses the “now” math function to calculate Todays Date, a Format Date Function to display Todays Date as a Day, an If Then Else calculation to turn the Day into a number from 1 to 5 (Monday to Friday), and then a Relation to the Users Table to match the Team Number to the Day number and return Teams Members (multiple matching). Then I join the Relation into “Person 1 and Person 2”.

I have created a Layout Screen that has 2 Text entries: the first is just text and the second is the Joined Team Members from the Calculations Table.

The data from the table shows up in the drop down list (on the right) but does not show up in the Layout Screen… so it’s collecting the data but not displaying it.

Not Working Layout

If I duplicate the Users and Calculations Tables (but don’t make the new Users Tabled the actual Users Table in the Settings Section) and try again I get the correct values visible on the Layout Screen.

Working Layout

I’m guessing this is a sort of security feature that prevents us from displaying information that is called from the Users Table, and there probably isn’t any way around it except to enter the Team Members and the Team Numbers a second time in a different table (as I did with the Users Table duplicate)… or using a Google Sheet. I was hoping to use a Glide Table instead of a Google Sheet for it’s speed but it’s not a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance,
Perry

Yes, it can be seen from your first screen shot that you have Row Owners applied to the email column in your Users table. If security of user data isn’t a concern, then you can remove that and your scenario will work as expected.

You can simply this by using a math column with the formula Weekday(Date)

1 Like

Thanks Darren, that worked. :slightly_smiling_face:

It makes sense once it was pointed out. I guess the thing that was confusing me is that the Table shows the data but I can’t display it.

And thanks for the weekday too.

Yes, it can be a bit confusing, and when row owners are applied you can sometimes get misleading results in the data editor. This is because that while all rows are (by necessity) shown in the data editor, they won’t all be present on each users device.

One thing to be aware of is when row owners are applied, you will see non-owned rows “dimmed out” in the data editor. For example, take a look at the following screen shot:

Row Owners are applied, and I’m “Viewing as” Fo Lambert. Notice that every other row is dimmed. If I was signed into the App as Fo, then that table would contain just that single row of data.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.