User Profiles & User Specific Columns

Guys,

Have you ever noticed some glitch with user-specific columns sometimes?
Eg. You add a value and it glitch per a sec, like a blank, and come back…

I’ve been noticed that for a while… but still keeps this kinda glitch

1 Like

Yes I have. It kind of made sense before we had user specific columns and had to use sheet columns, but I still get that ping pong effect with user specific columns.

1 Like

Exactly

This has happened to me as well, and specifically on screens where I have a lot of user-specific choice components.

1 Like

Hi @ThinhDinh, you’re definetely a Glide angel!

I experience the same issue, and tried to apply what you recommend (deleting all rows & columns + using A2:A <>"" in arrayformula).
Nevertheless, I keep having 2 rows created when a user signs-up (see picture): one with the full line filled-in (inc. an ID from special values) and one just with the email.

So, sorry, but I have to ask you again for any idea!
Thanks in advance

1 Like
3 Likes

Ping pong effect? Who called me? I think I look like a Pro player with this! :woozy_face:
I have reported this issue from 2 months ago and Mark promised to fix it soon but it is still alive.

The problem is not based on user specific columns, my demo APP doesn´t use it because it was developed before this feature was released.

Saludos!

2 Likes

Would this help? Can you tell us more about your flow?

Hi, as per your recommendations, I tried again the ‘profile’ set-up via a ‘link-to-screen’ button to edit the profile (rather than a ‘form’).

Did you already encountered some editable-fields full ‘grey’ / not use-able?

Thank you!

It’s likely that the email hasn’t been recognized as a new row in your sheets (because you’re editing using the editor). Try signing in using the real live app, go back to your editor and preview as that email.

2 Likes

Hey! Now it works!
Thanks

1 Like

Is there a way to look at all notes or favorites submitted by any user? I don’t know if there’s a way to “export” the user specific columns today without going through each user individually.

No way to export the data, but you can use the ‘Preview As’ feature in the builder to preview as each user and see their user specific data in the data editor or the app emulator.

Is there no way to look at it across users (even if I can’t export that data?) I want to see how much certain features are being used and i should deprecate them. viewing individually is quite painful

No, there isn’t a way at this time. Hopefully in the future we will be able to use a rollup column on user specific columns.

got it, thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Jeff_Hager, I came across this thread when trying to create a user’s profile using a button after they had signed in… I believe that the “link to screen” action means that they must click on the edit icon in the top right in order to finish filling out their profile - correct?

I could see having some text instructing them to click on the edit button that would disappear once it’s filled out, but that’s not the most ideal UI…

I have an onboarding profile creation example in this app here, you can copy it back.

1 Like

@ThinhDinh wow - that is slick - thank you! I love that profiledone increment part. This is a great solution to having a “splash” page to explain navigation that can also be silenced with a checkbox.

Where do you store the user profile info? I don’t see anything listed next to my email at the bottom of the User profiles table, but yet does display under Your profile with a random image.

As long as you have an email, there will be a random image generated if I recall right. Can you give me some screenshots if you want it furtherly explained? Thank you.