šŸ™‹ā€ā™€ļø User Profile columns in conditions and columns

Iā€™m seeing multiple entries for several email addresses in my Users sheet as well. The only thing this sheet is used for is the new User Profile functionality and itā€™s not impacting my app in any way, but figured I should mention it.

@kyleheney Could you share the app where you see that happening, please?

Sure thing! web.nomadicly.app. Itā€™s email whitelist sign-ion so let me know if you need to be added to troubleshoot.

@Ben_Reynolds Your app will be fixed tomorrow. We had a particular oddity where if your column name contained a dot it wouldnā€™t work.

@kyleheney Do you also have dots in your column names? If not, please share your app.

https://covid19edresources.glideapp.io/ in the User sheet.

No, I donā€™t have any dots in my column names. The emails arenā€™t repeated very often, but there are definitely some duplicates in the sheet. Doesnā€™t sound like itā€™s as bad as the other personā€™s situation.

You guys are quick! Well done!

This is awesome!
Though took me last two days to figure out the relation/lookup work aroundā€¦ oh well lessons learned.

Hello
Iā€™m having trouble using visibility, filtering by user. when the app is not logged in the visibility filters do not work. ex: Form button e for Rich text

Thank you so much much, Mark! I appreciate the help here! I knew it must have been something I was doing differently causing the errors.

May have encountered a bug here?
Using a choice drop down, with the line editable by profile holders and admins, but with this element only visible for editing by admins. Rather than removing it fully it just removes the yes/no.

Anyone else get that?

Set visibility instead of a filter.

2 Likes

Hi Mark,

Iā€™m (trying :slight_smile:) to build a two-sided marketplace at the moment, with complex matching, filtering, and workflows

In my example:

• I have a list of jobs with different attributes
  • Then I have a list of sellers with different preferences
  • I need to compare the preferences and attributes so that the seller can only see jobs theyā€™ve filtered for, then they can dynamically adjust these filters to change the jobs available
  • In some instances, I would be a lot more efficient to do ā€˜math functionsā€™ to do this, e.g. this value is greater than this value
    (As an aside time, date, and location would be so helpful in this ā€˜maths functionā€™, or allowing ā€˜if functionā€™ to compare two columns)
  • So Iā€™ve set my database up so that on the job listing page it brings in the signed-in user reference as a column and then pulls through their preferences to compare to the job attributes (I also did this originally to be able to show components to different user groups)

Then you bought out this great functionality, and I thought perhaps I can just use this instead and trim my database a bit further!

One other alternative is to change filtering to compare two columns as well, this is probably the easiest most elegant solution now we have access to the user profile sheet here

Hope makes sense, and perhaps there is a cleverer a way to achieve the above?

George

Sorry, another good use case @Jeff_Hager helped me out on, which Iā€™ve built into the app, is this functionality is also helpful to pass user profile values into different forms across the app.

Itā€™s also great for bringing in values from the profile to personalise your app throughout. i.e. bringing the signed-in users name a text component in a tab.

Both of these could be achieved by adding ā€˜user lookupā€™ into ā€˜layout componentsā€™/ ā€˜form components & columnsā€™, as youā€™ve done on the visibility, but Iā€™m sure you guys know this :slight_smile:

Thanks for this, itā€™s truly powering-up possibilities for glide apps!

1 Like

Hi @Mark Thank you for another great feature!

It seems like I canā€™t use the visibility option on lookup with ā€œcontainā€. There are only empy/not empty options. I tried to use a workaround with the template column, but I canā€™t choose a lookup column in the template builder

The use case is that there are several users who can play different positions in a soccer game.

There are tables of users, positions, games, and many to many table of users, games, and positions so I can give each user a different position in each game.

Each user can choose the game he is playing, and I made a lookup field to see by the game chosen by him, and the user id the position that he is playing, and I want to show a text field with a visibility option triggered on the lookup field.

It seems like I canā€™t use the visibility option on lookup with ā€œcontainā€. There are only empy/not empty options. I tried to use a workaround with the template column, but I canā€™t choose a lookup column in the template builder

Is it a feature or a bug? :slight_smile:

@Dan_Liebeschutz I assume you have multiple set on you relation. Using a lookup in a template will only work if the relation is not multiple, because even though the relation may be pulling back only one row, it still assumes that the lookup would potentially be an array of values from multiple rows, so it canā€™t be placed into a single value column, like a template.

Thank you @Jeff_Hager!
That solved it.

1 Like

You need to have a sign in (Public with Email or Whitelist) and then set up user profiles for this work.

Thank you

1 Like

Waiting for that too