šŸŒŖ Use Multiple Choice Components to Filter an Inline List

In action! Love it!

5 Likes

Very clever! I never looked into them but now I can envision the use cases for the single value column.

I wish I could do filtering like this with maps. Sigh.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I love about Glideā€¦more than one way to achieve the end result.

5 Likes

Beautiful! The Rollup column makes such a difference!

2 Likes

@Robert_Petitto

Sir Bob

Quick question for ya.

Details page - contains two inline lists, both lists contain common data. (Location, age)

The inline lists are from two separate sheets.

Would it be possible to have a filter that would work on both lists?

So filter on location and age when applied both lists would be filtered.

2 Likes

Yep. Create a singlevalue column in Sheet 2 that points to the filter choice in Sheet 1. Then recreate the if/then/else columns in Sheet 2 and add the filters.

4 Likes

Got ya.

Over and out

Thanks

2 Likes

How are you trying to filter maps? It should work the same way.

1 Like

Like thisā€¦

Bobā€™s method works only with details screens.

I think the best bet for you is to have a details screen, store your choices inside an image that acts as a button. The inline list will take a map view. Would that work?

Specifically about the ā€œbuttonā€, I made something like this a while ago using Cloudinary.

So your suggestion sounds interesting but I am not sure what you mean by storing the choices in a button.

I would loose the favorites functionality from the map tab, I guess that would have to be another filter choice.

I have a separate sheet for that. The button links to the screen for that sheet where I store multiple choice components, then I get the choices back to the main sheet using the same method Robert introduced.

Regarding the favorites, you can have a choice component writing to a user-specific column that says ā€œAllā€ and ā€œFavoritesā€. You can have two inline lists, the All one taking all items satisfying the original filter, the favorites one adding a further filter of Is Favorited = True.

Yes right. I am using a second inline list with visibility conditions. I wonder what is more efficient with, for instance, 20k rows. Adding columns and formulas to 20k rows ralentizes the app in my experience. Going to test

Hey @Robert_Petitto

Iā€™ve been trying to apply your witty recipe to an inline list which is previously filtered showing ā€œEventsā€ after Today.

The filtering value is written not in the first row, but in the ā€œfirst row filtered by dateā€ so the Single Value Column get the first row in the sheet, which is blankā€¦

Any idea?

Personally I donā€™t try to hold values like this in the same sheet where Iā€™m using those values to filter the same data. I feel that using a separate sheet to hold filter values and use that new sheet as your tab, is a better way to go. Separate the data a little bit instead of trying to shove everything in one sheet.

2 Likes

As far as I understood from Robert recipe, in order to get the data to apply the filter it needs to be in the same sheet.

:thinking:

1 Like

You can bring that back via a single value column.

1 Like

:+1:t3: Youā€™re right!

1 Like

This is because your tab has sorting applied. Remove the sorting (which isnā€™t needed for a details view) and you should be good to go.

5 Likes

Great tutorial as always.
I was literally completing a tutorial for multifilter tutorial on reale estate demo yesterday :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes