URGENT HELP: Relations That Include Values

Hi…I am wanting to create an app that features a relation column but I want it to find values that include certain values not exactly match them. Thanks.

@ThinhDinh @Robert_Petitto

Can you describe more about your use case? If it doesn’t exactly match, then what is the relation between the two?

It doesn’t match but the value IS INCLUDED IN the other value.

Does the value you want to match include only one word, or there can be multiple words?

It will include a specific value which is a ‘template’ column.

So would that template contain strings that have multiple words?

Yes. The template has multiple words. An example of one is “(1) Joe” and in the value, I am relating to it is, “(1) Joe,(2) Sally” but the next row might just say “(2) Sally)” so I want to relate to values that have a certain value included in another value. If that makes sense. Thank you so much for your help!

What you need to do is go to the table that has ‘Joe, Sally’ and add a Split Text column, which will split the names into an array. Then you change your relation to use that Split Text array column instead of the text column. Then it will work for you.

2 Likes

Legend! Thank you so much @Jeff_Hager!

1 Like

Also, thank you to @ThinhDinh for your help.

1 Like

My original thinking when asking you if it would have multiple words is a situation like:

“A, B, C” but you consider “B, C” as a single term to relate. Then that would complicate things a lot. If A, B, C are on their own, then we should be good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.