šŸ†• UPDATED Glidegram - social media app (follow/unfollow, unread messages & more)

@Joe_Gabriele I have something similar already however I am looking for the reverse relationship also - the ability to find all users who follow a person. I think the trebuchet is the right method for this?

Guess I will go learn it now, thank you both!

1 Like

Hi @Lucas_Pires @Lisa , thank you for the great app.
I am wondering when we should use between the Trebuchet method (not an easy oneā€¦) and the Lisaā€™s one.
Do you have ideas in terms of limitations comparison?
Thanks

1 Like

I canā€™t speak to the methods that Lisa used, but yes, you can use the Trebuchet method for follow/unfollow.

4 Likes

The trebuchet method wasnā€™t a thing when I released this version but you can definitely use the method for following and unfollowing.

1 Like

In my experience, trebuchet works well when youā€™re working with a large number of relationships (following/unfollowing or post tags) because youā€™ll save a lot more rows in the process versus the standard method of creating a record for every item. For items like tags and follows where you donā€™t need display much information - aside from a relationship to a record - I feel like trebuchet works well for mostly everything. Except for items like chat messages for instance. I know someone in the community posted about doing the trebuchet method with comments but I never saw the backend.

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying Lisa. Glad we had this discussion here, for those who are new to glide it will certainly help.

I also saw that post using trebuchet for chat and comments. I believe this is it (created by @PabloMFalero and @SantiagoPerez) Chat and Comments using the Trebuchet Method

Curious to see how itā€™s done

Credit to @Lucas_Pires and @Robert_Petitto, they invented it, I just modified itā€¦ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congratulations @Lisa , it is great!
At the end of the day, the over perfect app would mix yours and the group chat of @Robert_Petitto !

2 Likes

The updated link to the Glidegram Template to preview is below:

You can purchases the template in the template store here:

3 Likes

I would like to purchase this template do you offer any customization after purchase?

Hi Nigel,

Sure thing. Just send me a PM with what youā€™re looking to add.

both glide gram and cart look out of the worldā€¦ I was making 3 apps for months without knowing there were templates made for all 3 of them :ok_man::ok_man::ok_man:, glad for the other apps I can at least use the templates now!

By doing it yourself you learn most :wink:

1 Like

agreed, but this is a crazy good time saver

Iā€™ve been trying for a month to try it outā€¦but it will not let me inā€¦

What link are you using?

Because Lisa, and all of us who put paid templates on the store, put a lot of effort into those in order to get an appropriate amount of compensation for it. If you want to have it ā€œfreeā€, you can read around these communities, ask questions and build it yourself.

9 Likes

Reading the convos, looks good. But canā€™t check it due to need to login first.

@remoteworker.id preview the template instead. Then you donā€™t have to sign in.

Can it be merged/created in the new apps instead of classic?