Update current row but without using edit screen

Hi All,
I’m struggling to get Glide to do what I want. I have an app where you can plant a field and then harvest. You can add a plantable plot to a table and later harvest it.

A farm starts the season with 0 planted plots, and as you plant, the table fills with planted plots with a planted date.

The planted plots are displayed in a collection list where you can trigger an action if you click the item planted plot item.

When it is time to harvest, you click the item, and a harvest form should open; you add the quantity harvested and update the row with the amount and a harvested date.

I tried to use the action show edit form but the form’s layout differs from the other forms. I have attempted to both Show form screen and Show new screen, but both of those give me a new row.

This seems dead simple, but I can’t figure out how to make Glide do that. It would have been dead simple if it were regular programming, but I’m stuck with Glide, unfortunately.

Edit screen is what you should be using. Why doesn’t that work for you?

You get a update/cancel button but it should say harvest to make it easy for my users. I think I got an answer In another thread that helped me. I built a details screen and a custom action that validates the form and then does the submission.

When you are used to programming the hoops you have to go through sometimes with Glide, it is kind of frustrating, but you tend to forget how fast other stuff goes.

One thing is sure: the community is really helpful and welcoming, so that’s a huge plus!

Thread for reference: How do I create a custom form?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.