Time tracking app

Hello.
I need an app that will allow users to record in and out date/time.
E.g.
Tom arrives at the office so he clicks the IN button. When he leaves he will obviously click the OUT button.
Right now I have two tables: one for INs and one for OUTs. I think that handling both in a same table would be challenging (possible?).

I can use the date-time component plus appropriate formatting and it works, but I don’t know how to review data grouped by date.

I might be a but confusing but I hope you get the idea. The app idea itself is quite simple though.

Any suggestions on which would be the best approach?

Thanks
-gerardo

In and out is doable…you’d just use a setcolumn action vs an add row/form action. I plan on building one once the QR code scanner feature is released.

2 Likes

So are you saying the QR scanner is on the way :star_struck: ??

1 Like

It has been in staging for 2 months but we don’t know when it will be in production…

1 Like

Ditto.
I have a use case where 300-500 workers need to be rapidly clocked on every morning.
Perfect scenario for a QR code scanner, methinks.

3 Likes

I am building an app at the moment that checks in and out with @Robert_Petitto suggestion.

@Darren_Murphy when you say QR scanner, are you thinking of having a QR code at a location/entrance and someone can scan it on their way in to trigger a “check in” action/form entry? If so, I may just do a little dance if this is released.

Yes, exactly.

i’m looking for this QR Code features as well.
Hope this will be available in glide soon…