The order of the rows is altered without explanation

Hi
I am generating a list of projects to which I assign an autonumeric code by querying all the IDs and a Search index, as I saw in a video of @Robert_Petitto . Apparently it works fine, but I have just seen that, shortly after creating some rows in the table, they change their order, thus changing the project numbering… It is not automatic, it is after a few seconds. I can not find the reason, nor how to avoid it.

Strange. Are you using Google sheets or air table as your base?

Hi. I´m usin airtable.
Captura de pantalla 2024-01-07 a las 21.06.04
Captura de pantalla 2024-01-07 a las 21.06.19

in airtable, the rows do not modify their order. where it modifies it is in glide. I attach two screenshots from each application

I believe that’s a side effect of Airtable. The way I understand it, the Airtable API does not necessarily feed the rows to Glide in the same order that they are in Airtable. I’m not sure there is much that can be done about that short of using a different data source.

But the strange thing is that the change is not instantaneous. I create the orders sequentially, not at the same time, and it is after a while of having created it, and taking the order code with the autonumeric, that it changes and consequently changes the autonumeric code.

Ya. That’s why I asked. Airtable doesn’t allow Glide to retain the same row order. It’s completely random as new rows get added to the base. Your best bet is to create the functionality in AT

2 Likes

I believe when data is synced from Airtable to Glide, it’s basically an entire replacement of what Glide has cached, and since Airtable spits out whatever order they want, that’s what Glide gets. Kind of is what it is.

I had not noticed these airtable details. To avoid the small delay that sometimes occurs when returning data from airtbable to glide, I have used the same system, but indexing by creation date with second, to avoid that two orders can be created within the same minute and have problems. Apparently it works. Thank you very much for your time, and @Robert_Petitto thank you very much for your videos.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.