Text wrapping not working on Switch Buttons

Hello everyone. Simple bug: “Allow text wrapping” option is not working on Switch Button titles.

1 Like

Hi @Gabriel_Bertolucci just a thought. Does the text wrap work in the description field as opposed to the title field?

1 Like

Can confirm what you said here, it only wraps the description field.

2 Likes

@ThinhDinh thought so, was not near computer so could not check but was sure it was description and not title

1 Like

@ThinhDinh @Rosewebstudio but it is supposed to only wrap the description field?

1 Like

Anyway, it is still not working, even for the Description.

It does not wrap even if you go out of the input box? What happens when you click somewhere out of the input box after typing that?

Good morning @ThinhDinh , nothing happens, even if I close the app and open it again.

You’re right on this unfortunately. I was able to do it last week but not sure what changed. Can’t seem to do it now.

1 Like

All those letters are read as one word. Words aren’t wrapped mid word. Does it wrap if you put in spaces or an actual sentence?

However, for me it’s wrapping the text in the description with or without the checkbox selected

2 Likes

No idea what you guys are doing, but it works for me

Could it be because I placed it in a form?

I noticed this like 4 days ago and figured it meant the wrapping only applies to the detail portion which does wrap.

1 Like

Bizarre. I’ve tried on the details screen and the form screen and they both work

But not the main text…it wont wrap at all. It’s just like me, can’t wrap for nothing, I can’t wrap presents, I can’t wrap up my rambling, I can’t wrap up this sentence, I can’t rap about my life…I just cant wrap/rap. But the good news is we can get this toggle fixed, as for me…well a lost cause is a lost cause :slight_smile:

1 Like

As per @Jeff_Hager comments have you put spaces in so instead of this

dgdhvcgccgvvvb

Tried this

dgdhv cgcc gvvvb

Just checking as it works for me and looks like it does for a few others

1 Like

Yeah can confirm it wraps if it’s multiple words. One long string doesn’t work, but I assume we won’t face that situation many times unless you’re Welsh.

5 Likes

Indeed Jeff, it does wrap the Description when I write actual sentences. But unfortunately the title remains unwrapped. Thank you.

I don’t think Glide currently allows any text wrapping for Titles in any components that have the text wrappings option. It’s only meant for the Description.

hmm… that’s not true.
Here’s an example from an app I’m working on at the moment, that shows text wrapping correctly applied to the title of an Inline List component.

2 Likes

I stand corrected. Maybe it’s just Lists that allow that in the Title???

2 Likes