🆕 Text entry min/max characters!

Why not just leave it blank for 0? Seems to submit fine if I do that.

It could work fine, but it should also work fine for a blank if the minimum is 0.

If the minimum is 0, and there is an issue with blank, I would assume that there would be an issue with a min of 1 and a single character submission too.

4 Likes

You’re right, we got the minimum wrong :wink: We’ll fix it. Thank you for noticing!

6 Likes

@mark is it possible to add also in others entry components?

Which ones?

1 Like

Number and phone would be interesting!

Use cases:

• Limit the length for people ID number (using text component people could entry a letter also)
  • Limit the length for phone numbers (in different countries we see different number of characters for phone numbers)
1 Like

I think for numbers you could still set a technical length by setting your range from 1000000000 to 9999999999 in the case of US phone numbers.

1 Like

What’s an example of how you could use this feature?

2 Likes

Adding to @Deena’s examples…

2 Likes

I plan to use it for when students need to enter their ID numbers…has to be 5 chars exactly.

2 Likes

Error handling doesn’t work properly- doesn’t recognize when the minimum is met. I can’t use until this is fixed. No matter what minimum number is set, the field returns an error.

1 Like

Is it possibly working on a “greater than” condition instead of greater than or equal to?

If you switch the first to 2 as the minimum and the 2nd to 12, does that fix your issue for now?

1 Like
1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, but the error handling is the bigger issue. If I lower it to 2 min and the user types in username “no” - it gives the user feedback that 2 characters are required. It needs to be fixed properly by Glide so we can use it without creating a bad user experience.

Yes, I saw that - seems like it should be fixed by now. I don’t think it’s a complicated fix and waited a long time for this to roll out.

Ah okay I didn’t realize that hint text was supplied by Glide by default (I thought it was something you added — in which case you could leave it as is even after changing the back-end condition to 2 instead of 3).

Does the change to 2 “fix” it though? If so then it does seem like it should be a simple fix for the Glide guys!

1 Like

Nope, unfortunately no matter what min it gives the error at that number. My point is that users will possibly choose two characters. Or one character etc. At that point I have to just remove the minimum. And as you pointed out, this is such a basic thing and should be easy to fix. :upside_down_face:

Fixed.

4 Likes

:raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes