Telemedicine app on Glide - remote covid testing for rapid-antigen tests

I was a big user of clubhouse…… until I got busy with this app :slight_smile: since then, I’ve not had time to do slow-web things, but now the app is going to pilot then production, I can escape my iMac and the many Chrome tabs :slight_smile:
Any intros would be great - thanks!

And I’m super furious what you’re up to - and happy to help :slight_smile: M

1 Like

Hi @Mark_Turrell , not sure if you saw my message in the Zoom but are you using Google analytics in your app (although I’m still not sure how easy it is to implement with Glide). The reason I mention that is because it can tell you what platform your users are using (mobile vs desktop) so you can fine tune your online marketing funnels if you’re planning on doing so. Although as I type this, I just remembered that Glide isn’t supported on the Appstore and it’s only through some creative tinkering that it’s possible to do so. But here’s an article for your reference: How To Use Google Analytics To Find Out What Devices Your Customers Use

As for intros, if you’re referring to Clubhouse, the one who probably has a decent sized audience is based here in the US so wouldn’t really be relevant to your EU app unless you just wanted to network. Her name is Nelly Yusupova, sort of like a part time CTO for hire. She’s the one who showed me the true power of Clubhouse. https://www.digitalwoman.com/ Not sure if you’re a fan of Gary Vee but he talks about riding the wave of whatever new popular social platform there is to leverage that network effect. I think these days, Clubhouse is that platform.

As for what I’m doing, I’m working on a new economic business model for the independent musician and artist which actually ties into Covid reopenings so your test might come in handy for some of our EU users if our test case in San Francisco is successful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not recommended…. But after 7 days of often disastrous testing, one good day for the VIP demo, the next day filming a segment for the top news show…. And that means I guess we are ready to pilot :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Good luck!

If you need any last minute smoke and mirrors in the back end, you know where to find me :wink:

1 Like

Amazingly the only smoking and mirroring was to accelerate the timestamp for ‘drops on cassette at’

1 Like

Excited for you! Keep us posted when you have time.

Good luck!! This will be amazing :grin:

Ok, it worked well enough to move forward the plan for 2,500 people to be tested per day by…. Next weekend.

Ummmm……

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hooray!!! Congrats @Mark_Turrell !

Just wanted to confirm, are you using the Glide Event Picker or a 3rd party tool such as Calendly or Acuity for scheduling since you mentioned some time zone challenges the other day? I’ve spent most of the day today testing out many of these to see which looks best on Glide for our artists.

Looking forward to hearing the updates of your successful app!

I’m only using the date picker (for date of birth).

I do need a booking system …. But that needs to be custom built (by someone)

2 Likes

I’m sure you probably read this thread before but you’ll find several of our fellow Gliders who did some brilliant things with Event Picker here: 🆕 Event Picker

Sadly, I am not so brilliant so decided to go with Calendly for scheduling and use it with web view action in a button. It had the best UI/UX layout to me and my co-founder’s eyes within Glide. I also tried Acuity but the drop-down menu was too tiny on mobile and OnceHub felt too jumbled up. (EDIT: I think I’m getting Acuity and OnceHub mixed up as it was Appointlet that felt too jumbled up. Acuity was actually purchased by Squarespace but it didn’t work for us)

Here’s a great Zapier article that discusses these scheduling options and more:

although it looks like Glide doesn’t have Zaps with any of them so in our case, there will be some redundancy due to having to input an email twice (1st at initial app signup, 2nd in Calendly and potentially a 3rd for a discussion forum service). Because of this, we’re redesigning the user journey so that instead of requiring email signup at the very beginning, we’ll just allow users to peruse the app and only once they’ve decided to schedule an appointment will we collect the user emails which we’re trying to figure out can pre-fill the remaining logins.

Glide app … as seen on TV… around min 12:30 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Too bad, we can’t view it out of Germany :confused:

That’s a shame / maybe it will get posted somewhere later that is accessible - I’ll keep an eye out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can view it from Vietnam. Congrats Mark! At 3:18 for anyone looking for it.

2 Likes

Hi @Mark_Turrell , just curious how everything has been going with your app launch? Any hiccups or smooth sailing so far with the increased traffic?

Hopefully you’re now swimming in a pool full of Euros planning your next venture!

Cheers!

Tricky. I had to close down the pilot app for 2 days for bug fixing. The biggest issue is that the company ‘forgot’ to hire me a tech support person for 4 weeks… so I was missing 80-120 hours of support and fixing work in the project. Then there were inherent ways that Glide and Google Sheets worked… that had to be creatively overcome (should not be working). And the video was not always perfect.

And finally, users and their problems. Every time my small team and I wanted to fix things, I would get pulled into immediate support issues. It was impossible to think through things and complete the tasks!

Fortunately, 2 clear days has really helped, so I am hopeful we will be live and fully functional for Friday. With plenty of cool new things too :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It will happen!!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Mark_Turrell ! Sorry to hear of your challenges but like any business warrior, you overcame those challenges so I’m confident the ride will be less bumpy going forward! Cheers!

1 Like