Slide OS - An “OS” for mini no-code apps

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I decided to build something different with Glide, inspired by my “sandbox” app (minimakerlabs.glideapp.io). After a quick planning session and some design work, I have the first app done and 3 more coming soon. I won’t share the app just now because the login system is not ready (related email lists can cause some trouble and requires planning), but I will share some screenshots and work to get that login ready as soon as possible.

Hope you like it, let me know if you have any questions!

16 Likes

I love it!

1 Like

Thanks David! I’ll update this thread to show the evolution of this project and the other apps!

This is very clever! Love it!

1 Like

Thanks @Sandro_Brito!

Very cool! :v:

1 Like

Looks good!

1 Like

Looks amazing! :clap:

1 Like

:wave: Hello, I’m back, another app is ready: Translate!
64 languages to translate and copy your text to use however you need!

7 Likes

You should blog about this!

3 Likes

@ionamol, this looks really interesting. I clicked on your link but didn’t find anything. So, just to make sure I understand… it’s a Glide app filled with mini glide apps inside? It’s awesome! Do you have an update yet? :grinning:

2 Likes

That is a good idea @david!

Hi @emilio, thanks!! Sorry for the link, I updated the app name/url and forgot to change it here, I’m using https://thelab.glideapp.io/ now. This is not the slide OS but a playground where I test some stuff before implementing on Slide OS.

You got it, is a glide app with mini-apps, I’m finishing the 3rd mini-app, Contacts, after some time “offline”. I am planning to create another 10 apps before publishing the link, but I hope the next ones will be ready more quickly. Some of them must be social network webviews and others will be more complex apps.

2 Likes

Hello Gliders! I just started a new job as Head of Product Design and because of that I was a little bit away from the Glide Community. That ends now (I hope :crossed_fingers:)!

Inspired by the compliments here I spent some time working on Slide OS yesterday and I want to share the result.

5 New Apps! Phone, Contacts, Facebook, Google & Photos

Phone App: Just type the number and click Call!

Contacts App: Share/Edit your own information and add/edit/share your Contacts informations.

You can even pay me using my paypal link and my custom payment successful page (using Glide Webview) :smiley:

Photos App: Upload images with date and caption and create your own albums!

Roadmap:

• I need to finish some user flows for the Contacts app and Photos app (submit new items)
  • SimpleCal: Calculator app for simple math operations between 2 numbers and margin/mark up calculation
  • Caster: Podcast app, I will try to use rss to keep my app updated.
  • News: I will try to use some news api and deliver the latest news for the categories that the user has selected
  • Game: I’m think if it is possible to create a game using glide, a trivia game would be cool. If I can’t do it, I will try to "integrate"a simple game using webview.

I’m also planning to write about that project (Thanks for motivating me @david). What would you like to know about this project?

Much more to come! Let me know what do you think!

10 Likes

Awesome progress! :+1: I’d like to work on something similar. Could you walk me through on how to think about it in terms of spreadsheet structure?

2 Likes

Cool what’s the url?

For the icons, to do you use markdown or html tags?

Very cool app, good example of creativity with Glide!

1 Like

@ionamol your progress is amazing! I surely wanna see more about it! Keep on it! (Btw I’m also Brazilian lol)

Speaking of which, my “business card app” I have 24 games integrated in it to the people have fun.

I don’t if it’s the way you were thinking about it, but take a look on it.

https://baixar.applution.com.br

2 Likes

Hey @Lucas_Pires, I will stick to english (even if I made mistakes sometimes) so the other users can understand.

Your app looks cool, I will certainly do something like it for Slide OS but what I was wondering is if it is possible to create a game using only gsheets (and glide). A trivia game is probably easy to create, I’m thinking about building one with a multiplayer ranking and maybe badges (just had the idea and thought that sound really cool).

Thanks for your tip and kind words!

Hey @Christophe_HK, thank you!!

Wich icons are you talking?

The app icons are just images displayed as tiles and the telephone, letter and chains are default in glide when you display a phone, email and link with the corespondent action.