Sync's going up - please help

For every one add i get another 2 syncs
For every one edit i get another one sync.

I have a user entry process that requires one add and one edit, which charges a total of 5 updates per user entry. This will bankrupt my usage quota very fast.

Is the usage being calculated correctly? This seems to me i’m getting double charged for updates?

Any help is appreciated.

ps
I have 20 paying customers, so upgrading beyond the starter account wont make sense for me at this time. 20 customers making 5 entries per week, doesn’t seem like it should take a pro account to accomplish.

In the Usage Beta tab, it shows my only published app has only 643 updates, but the total usage bar shows 1338 updates. Does this mean that one of my unpublished apps is responsible for the other updates?

What type of backend are you using? Do you have any on-submit actions?

Thanks for the reply!
I’m just using google sheets.

When my clients make an entry I have a button that

1. creates a row when its selected,
  2. then i have an action immediately open/edit that item/row (so i can filter the response options by another field that is submitted with original row creation.
  3. user fills out filtered entry fields, and submits form.

Wouldn’t that only be 3 updates?

That process seems a little cumbersome to me - especially creating a row as the first step. What happens if the user abandons the process half way through? Is that created row left in a state of limbo?

If it was me, I would be looking to refactor that flow so that a new row is only created once, at the end of the process.

1 Like

Yes that’s correct. But the edit button replaces the original button if this is the case.

I was having trouble figuring out how i could filter my form’s response options based on a relation to another table.

any idea why there are so many sync’s?
I just received 8 more adds and 15 edits, and on top of that 38 syncs.