Store a desktop hosted file in Glide

Hello Gliders,

I have a slight problem : I would like to upload desktop files on Glide, and then users could visualize and download them on their on desktop, but I can’t find a solution.

The file picker is’nt working (I can download a file but that’s all, not even visualize it).

Thanks in advance !

What types of files are you uploading? You can use a link component to allow users to access and download those files.

2 Likes

This is mostly PDF’s ! Link component is perfect, but how if some admin user that doesn’t have access to the backend data wants to upload a new file to been seen and download by “regular” users ? Is is possible maybe through a form or an “Action” ?

Oh I think I understood the role of the file picker :grin: if you have some other idea ? Because it seems that the file picker is working for only one row, like I can’t download a new file in file picker 2 without changing the file in file picker 1

Okay so, I don’t know if I was explaining it clearly but I may have found the solution with 2 elements :

• a button form to add some files to the files table (only visible by the admin profiles)
  • a collection displaying the different files with an “open link” action on “item click”
    If you think of another solution, feel free !
1 Like

Yep, that solution works. You may also want to consider a ‘Multiple Files’ column with a File Picker pointing to that column. That will allow you to upload multiple files to the same column, and the file picker will also allow you to remove individual files if you want.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.