Suggestion to change the startup splash screen from such a negative message as “Something went wrong” to something more user-friendly
The statement “Something went wrong” is rather redundant because…
- The end-user can’t fix it.
- They won’t contact me to fix it
- The app corrects itself and reloads anyways
- Most app creators are the most frequent users of their own app if it’s not working it would be obvious
- It creates unnecessary panic and a negative image of the app’s functionality.
- discourages people from using the app
Suggestion for Splash Screen
Whenever the app encounters an error it normally refreshes itself and reloads the fresh content anyways. The splash screen should say…(Options Below)
- …Now loading
- …Refreshing Content
- …Please wait while we load your contents
- “App Name”…is retrieving your most current content
- Loading Awesome Content
Just like the title of this post, think of the emotion you get when you saw it…
Imagine if it was entitled; “Loading Awesome Content.”. You get the drift.