SMS for Verification

Hi!
Would be great to have the option to do the verification via SMS instead of email.
I know SMS should be more costly, but maybe this could be a pro feature.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Don’t know why this request isn’t getting more attention. Would love for login to work the way some apps do these days where you receive text pin and that pin number shows up on your keyboard for one click pin insertion. Maybe that’s a native app only ability I don’t know. Either way a sms option would be fantastic. Maybe allowing this through Zapier integration so we can choose our own sms provider or just default to Twilio whatever. This could be a stepping stone to, dare I say, 2FA! I have no doubts there’s complexity and security issues here but this feature (along with 2FA) is a big +1 for me.

7 Likes

+1 for this feature. A definite must have. I also agree that it could be a pro feature or integration via Twilio.

3 Likes

+1

2 Likes

Bumped.

1 Like

Hi Glide Team! Is this something you are considering/is on your backlog? Would love to get visibility on this as this is a deal breaker for me (emails are not widely used in emerging markets). Thanks

1 Like

Whole heartedly agree, please develop sms verification!

1 Like

Incredibly necessary. Really

1 Like

Not having mobile sms verification enabled is a show stopper issue, as far as developing any e-commerce app is concerned. I was exploring Glide for developing such apps, and not having this feature in place, makes me think twice…

2 Likes

Are there any updates on this? I know that my users would greatly prefer this to the email pin.

1 Like

Ditto, at least one user asks every other day if they can get a PIN by text message instead. The email requirement is especially challenging in a business environment where not everyone has their work email on their phone or complex spam systems quarantine the email. Even a traditional username & password option would be preferable.

3 Likes

I’ve had 3 clients ask me for this feature this month alone (and it’s only the 5th of the month!). This would be a HUGE win…but I see the complications. We’d need to allow “is signed in user” to also be able to recognize phone number of user, not just email.

4 Likes

Yes, though occasionally I’ll advise someone to use their carrier’s email to SMS service, such as phonenumber@vtext.com for Verizon. This works but is quite unwieldy for users since they need to format the number correctly and lookup their carrier’s suffix. However, Glide’s “is signed in user” works fine since they did use a valid email address and sending notification emails back to the user works as well.

Streamlining this process by allowing users to signup with a masked phone number input and select their carrier from a list would be a start.

Better yet would be allowing us to provide a Twilio account and have Glide automatically create our own email to text service at our app’s domain (or a guid in case it changes?). For example a new mobile user could enter 123-123-1234 and Glide could save them as 11231231234@yourapp.glideapps.com. Simultaneously it could register that number with an internal email to text service so we could email that user and Glide would use our Twilio account to send an SMS.

User registration could act as a whitelist to prevent people from using Glide as a generic email to SMS service, only your app’s user emails would work.

I’ve already done a lot of this legwork for one of our own domain name and put instructions on the login page to use “11231231234@ourdomain.com”, but it’s not very intuitive for users to enter into the email field. I also don’t have a great way to whitelist the emails, so technically our service is susceptible to abuse.

Would love to see an official implementation by Glide, or some way to allow for custom login flows like Adalo.

1 Like

+1

Yes, prob more expensive if implemen ted via a paid service like Twilio.

But for iPhone users at least, provides one-click PIN submission via iOS suggested code feature.

1 Like

Looking forward with phone number login with sms verification rather than email as an option.In India nobody cares email for login.

3 Likes

Definitely would love to have this feature added. It would’ve been so helpful for the wedding app I created for my wedding. Especially for my older generation that was having issues with going back and forth to email for pin.

3 Likes

I think this is not a whim, it is a necessity. So I don’t know why Glide hasn’t reacted to this post yet.

3 Likes

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

This is really a must have feature for all my users who don’t have email or use it regularly.

2 Likes