Show text from user profile

Is there a way to fetch a field from user profile record and assign to a control on any screen? E.g. if signed in, assign text “Welcome back [Username]”.

User profile is already available in conditions so this should be possible. Thanks

You can use a lookup/template column to bring that field over to the source sheet of your new screen, then use a text component or whatever is needed to display it.

1 Like

Hi, i am trying to use lookup/template column to show a field (from user profile - not user specific) on a public screen but it doesn’t show the text. How can i solve this?

Does your Users table have Row Owners applied to any columns? (by default row owners are always applied to the Email column).

Only email column

Okay, so that’s probably why it’s not working for you. You can test that by removing Row Owners. If that resolves it, then what you do next depends on whether or not you actually need Row Owners.

1 Like

I removed “row owner” from Email because my app has only one user and public not registered users can see his infos. So I think it’s solved!
Thank you very much Darren!

1 Like

I am able to use lookup column from other tables but i can’t directly show field of the “admin” user on other user screen. It works only lookuping them.

If your lookup is returning an array then that would explain what you’re seeing (or not seeing :wink:) it either needs to be a lookup via a SINGLE relation or a single value column to work in an on screen component like that.

2 Likes