Search choice component and multiple choice

Is the possibility to search in the choice component something you’re thinking of adding? If you have a list of 100+ elements to choose from, this becomes imperative… and multiple-choice? Pleeeease?

13 Likes

Agree. It is a must.

It would be also good to customize choice lists appearance…(images, galleries,tiles etc)

3 Likes

@david, @Mark, any news on this feature?

2 Likes

It’s on our wishlist for sure @filipa. Totally understand how important it is for large choice sets.
I’ll bring it up at our next product cycle meeting.

2 Likes

hi jack! can you give me an estimate of when (and if) will search on choice items be available? I’m literally waiting for this feature to be able to launch my apps… how is everyone else dealing with this? am i the only one having this problem? here’s the case for one of the apps: when we make a sale, we need to choose a client (from a sheet with hundreds) and products (from a sheet of thousands). @George_B, any hints on this?

1 Like

Hey @filipa! If this is urgent for you, you can upgrade your app to Pro and we will prioritize the request. It’s currently not a priority.

If your app is already Pro, just DM me the link and we can evaluate how the feature would work with your app.

1 Like

Thanks for the implied confidence in me being able to come up with a workaround, but alas I’m coming up empty for ideas.

:slight_smile: thanks anyway! i just think it’s weird no one else asks for this and it’s not a priority, it seems such a basic need…

i might! thinking about it…

It would also be helpful to have the option of showing the lists in 2 or 3 columns, taking into account how much data they would support.

Any update on this or is there a way I could contribute? I assume your codebase is not open-source? :smiley:

This would be super useful, as well as having the ability to ‘search’ within the ‘choice functionality’
Any progress on this? I understand it’s not priority on the wishlist.

I too have this issue with my app. I am a pro user. The only way I have found to help the pain is by sorting my choices in a way that is useful to the user. For instance, all of my customers are in alphabetical order so my users can at least jump quickly through the list. All of my new contract numbers come up in order of input so my vendors can grab their entry easier. Right now I have less than 120 customer records, but when I started my DB back in November I only had 90. By mid-year, the pain will be super noticeable.

Any news on this?

I’ve been working on a POS app for our retail business. The fact that

1. it’s not possible to choose a client from a list of hundreds with filter/search as you type and
  2. there is no multiple choice for selecting several bought items

makes it impossible for us to use this app. And there are several other apps we would create and use with Organizations if this was possible.

Vote for it here https://features.staging.glideapp.io/

There is an entry for multi select.

tried… but can’t seem to get the pin

I found a bug with this feature Searching a Choice Component hides options in other Choice Components in same form

Hi David, do you think the “search” function on “choice” will be added for Glide Page as well?

3 Likes