Search Bar not working

My search bar never works on inline list , on a details
I created this video to show it not functioning when I turn on "search: in options.

broken Search bar also doesn’t display at all when I view it on my android or chrome app.

1 Like

I think the HTML RT field is blocking it. Try putting a separator below that RT element and see if that helps. Either that or the HTML code itself might be causing the problem.

thanks darren, you are on to something.

there is text blocking the input of the search bar.
I’m trying to brand the top of the app with logo with the richtext

I think the.
display: block;
needs to display the tab title somewhere else? I’m using the @ Lucas_Pires css

#app-root div[opacity='1'] { color: transparent; } .nav-bar-root { content: ""; display: block; background-image: url("https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5e7e555f359ee95ba2656e86/1603735839553-PXKIPQHEA4NY9KGK0ZRE/Span+-+dark+logo.png"); background-size: 150px 50px; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center, center; ;}

You got me there, Bob. I don’t really know the CSS stuff well enough to know, so I’ll leave it to some more knowledgeable to respond. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was able to move my logo over to the right

display: flex;
background-position: 100% 50%;

The issue still persists on Android. Looks fine on desktop and iPad.

Wish there was a way to brand these apps easier than using css

Can you tell me if you have any CSS acting on the “Tech Tips” part?

After you made the change below, how does it look on desktop and iPad?

looks good on iPad and desktop. I don’t have any css on the label “Tech Tips” or “Partner Portal”. and I have to leave that label on so the nav at the bottom displays the text… It seems that if I move the logo over to the right , it still gets covered up by the search magnifying glass icon. see screenshot of android

Yeah, these layouts are structured differently so it’s hard to find a one-size-fits-all solution.

What I would recommend in this scenario is to create your own custom search bar.

Aesthetically, you can add a text entry at the top of your screen that points to a user-specific column to store your search term.

Then, you can use that search term to filter the inline lists accordingly.

3 Likes

Search :mag: bar not working please help

Can you explain more on what’s not working here?

How to fill full color or image on status bar ?

It’s been an issue for quite sometime. Perhaps someone could share a CSS workaround. Could Glide take another look at the white strip? @SantiagoPerez

I don’t think CSS can target that part of the screen though…

As I said in that thread, if I manually change the address bar back to the top on iOS then it works. Not sure if this is something Glide can adjust since it’s an OS setting.