Save the layout

Hi the team
Is it possible to save the all layout of my apps because a few days ago I made a bad click and it takes me half an hour to get back before my mistake

Thank you

Not possible at this time :frowning:

A locking button would be enough

Regular Backups!

1 Like

Le ven. 3 janv. 2020 Ă  02:18, George B via Glide Community glideapps@discoursemail.com a Ă©crit :

George_B

Certified Expert

January 3

Regular Backups!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

What do you mean ?

How do you do that ?

I was going to reply directly here with a short explanation but as I got deeper into my explanation I thought it best to create a separate topic about how I do backups.

1 Like

Thank you so much for all these explanations.
I have a last question. When app is duplicated as you do, can we keep the same qrcode ?
It’s very important for me because I have no way to send new qrcode to the old or futur users if it changes.
Thank you for your answer.

That is a good question. It appears based on a quick test that Glide is using the app link URL to create the code (xxx.glideapp.io). So as long as you do the app link name swap, from production to the backup (which would now be the production) it should match fine. Here is a short clip of why I think this is the case:
https://i.gyazo.com/b24ae96836542ab48157e42fe6750162.mp4

in your vidéo it seems to be ok but i didn’t succeed to do the same thing
When I duplicate my app with the same sheet, glide gives a new name to the copy of my app ,with an another code and I can’t change the name because glide says to me that the name already exists

sorry but maybe i need to see what you do before the begining of your vidéo to understand

sorry

Le ven. 3 janv. 2020 Ă  17:05, George B via Glide Community glideapps@discoursemail.com a Ă©crit :

Yes i manage to !

Thank you for your advices.

JM

Le ven. 3 janv. 2020 Ă  17:43, JMS jeanmichelseuve@gmail.com a Ă©crit :

It looks like you may have figured it out but you need to “free” up the name by changing your original app first.