Run a custom action when purchase is successful

Ok after a few days of learning I have to say it is straight forward to use glide and integromat with the customer portal of stripe.

Checkout:
checkout (1)

Upgrade:
upgrade

Cancle:
cancle

4 Likes

This looks great, any thoughts on using this to make one off payments?

I just set up the new webhooks action to trigger a charge to a customer set up on Stripe through integromat, I’m then thinking to send the successful payments to gsheets and then use some logic to show payment successful.

I’m keeping stripe customer ID and card ID outside of gsheets and glide, just using lookups in integromat data. But I’m not a developer and still a little concerned with security with this method though…

I think, when I get you right, for one time payment you can use the buy button component from glide.
I only have the customer id in my g sheet but with row owner column.
Oh and I have the price ids in the product sheets.

Thanks Jack, sounds like a good set up.

I have been using the normal buy button, but running into some issues… hence the experimentation!

Perhaps this is a posible solution for you:

1 Like

Ah thanks for your help, appreciate it. I tried this, but didn’t like the user could update the amount in the URL.

I’m using Stripe connect for transfer payments and billing for subscriptions. So may keep testing this option or just do a stripe checkout each time. Or hopefully Glides payment functionality is updated or I can find a workaround to keep it in the app.

1 Like

I saw this complaint about PayRequest - this makes it a no-no!

George_Lewis1

Jan 18

"Ah thanks for your help, appreciate it. I tried this, but didn’t like the user could update the amount in the URL.

I’m using Stripe connect for transfer payments and billing for subscriptions. So may keep testing this option or just do a stripe checkout each time. Or hopefully Glides payment functionality is updated or I can find a workaround to keep it in the app."

Not sure if this is still a problem, but in my agency apps I have used PayHere’s URL method recently and has no problems with that. Very reliable.

2 Likes

Hi,

I checked the 3th lesson in Glide Lessons to send mail when a new row is added.
But is it also possible to use this method for sending an email if a certain column XY has one particular value? The value in my app depends on several calculations when users change something in other fields, but I want to send an email if the cell has a value "WARNING.

So as long as the column has a value different from “warning”, nothing has to be done, but if a user changes some fields whereby the value in column XY automatically changes to “warning”, I want a mail to be sent.

Thanks for helping.

Wim

So I assume you’re talking about sending an email when there’s a new row added and your If-Then-Else (?) column returns a “warning” value?

I assume you can have an on-submit action for your form that only triggers when that column’s value is WARNING, then trigger something through a webhook.

Or if you want to do that when users change something in an existing row, use the same logic in an edit screen.

I just want to send an email when a certain CALCULATED value is changed.

So users don’t change the value, they only change a switch and Glide calculates how many “false”. And if there are more “falses” than a given value, my CALCULATED field changes to WARNING. And that’s the moment when I want to have an email send to a certain person.

And there’s no on-submit action; there are only switches per user (see screenshot)

Then that won’t work. Switches do not trigger actions. You would have to use a component that can have an action tied with it in order for this to work.

How do you send a call to the Webhook? only with the URL that it leaves you when configuring it? and how do you pass the data to it? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @ThinhDinh

Can an Action Text component trigger a custom action, say Add Row, if the Action Text component = certain date i.e. 1st of the month.

We are exploring to do a recurring function that create an invoice on the 1st of every month.

Thanks for your attention and advise.

It can, but you still need a user interaction to trigger the action.

You’d be better off using something like Make or Zapier for this sort of thing. Any tool where you can set a schedule.

1 Like

@Darren_Murphy Thanks for the prompt reply.

Can Zapier or Make trigger the event in Glide Table? Or will need to work on Zapier - Google Sheet?

Either can update a Glide Table via the Glide API, yes.

I have created an account with Zapier and updated the Glide - Zapier Key into Zapier

However the upload video component does not allow a trigger to Zapier.

Stuck here :sweat_smile:

Is there any video we can take reference or suggestion?

What we would like to do is:

1. Upload video to Glide
  2. Transfer Video to our Youtube Channel via Zapier
  3. Zapier to update link to video
  4. Embed Video link in Glide.

Appreciate any advice.

I’m not familiar with Zapier, but what you want to do should be possible.

You’ll need to trigger the Zap as an onSubmit action when the form is submitted.
Your Zap would need to include the Video URL that was generated by Glide, as well as the RowID.
Once the video has been uploaded to YouTube, you would then update the URL via the API using the RowID that was submitted with the original Zap.

2 Likes