Row & Update limits

The google web app gives you up to 500,000 updates per day, so you can keep all computing and updates inside sheets, and use glide app as a UI to Iframe it, and do some onboarding, and tutorials tasks, that don’t need any interactions with GS

I’m actually experiencing some weird update/sync issues. After turning off Extra Syncs, some updates just never happen.

For example, as a test, I manually added a text in Google sheets into one of my fields in my app.
Sometimes it updates within 30 secs, but the last one I made an hour ago still hasn’t found its way into Glide.

This happened on several tries…

Even weirder, from within the dev environment, through my app code I added a row to a sheet. Works fine, and the row almost immediately appeared in Google sheets. I then quit the dev environment, and went back in, and the row had disappeared in Glide, but thankfully was still there in sheets. It never re-synced with Glide until I made a manual sync in the editor, 40 min later…

Obviously this sort of forces me into Extra syncs, which in turn explodes my monthly updates…

Yes some times in Glide editor it disappears, but in user pages no

Sure, but my issue is that sheets updates don’t appear in Glide when a vlookup changes the data, so I still would have to do Extra syncs to get them, and that’s my problem…

If you can have all 50k data in the table, as David told, why you still need updates?

It will appear in web app, that you display in a glide webviev

Because if I access the 50 data in Glide it counts against my rows and immediately gets me to the limit. So I have to access it through Vlookups in Google Sheets, and then I need it to update…

Hi @Darren_Murphy, do you experience any update issues. For me it doesn’t work at all, I even added a new column in Google Sheets and 40 min later it still doesn’t show up in Glide.

I tried logging out from Glide, Clearing the browser cache, quitting the browser and relaunching everything, and still no updates…

Not that I’m aware of, but I don’t use these apps much myself.
But if there were issues, I think I would have had users complaining at me. I’ll do a bit of testing today.

I think I saw you mention that you have Enterprise - have you logged a ticket with Glide Support?

Yes I did, it got escalated to engineering…