Row owner from a Relation column

Hi to all,

I’m trying to make row owner from a relation column. Example: I have a users table and a building tables. A building is owned by a user in a relation. I want to show only the buildings owned by the user.

¿Could you give me some advice?

What you want to do is not possible. Make note of the the third point in this post.

1 Like

Jeff,
Many thanks for your response.

Well, I need to asign dinamically the building to each user. One user, can assign to other user a building, and those buildings can be assigned to more than one user. And they have to be able to see it.

I use Airtable as database, so indeed it’s an array already. So, the roll-up of mails in Airtable it’s an array with “,”. But Glide don’t convert it to an array, only a string with commas. It would be nice if a computed column could be row owner.

Any ideas how to solve it?

A comma delimited list is not the same as an array. A comma delimited list is still just a single text value, while an array is a group of many individual values. It’s important to know the difference.

There is only one type of array that will work with row owners. I know you can make this type of array with google sheets, but I’m not sure if you can do the same thing with airtable. To create that array, you have to sequentially number multiple separate columns. So you would need something like ‘Email 1’, ‘Email 2’, ‘Email 3’ all next to each other in the table. Only then will Glide convert it into a single array column of ‘Email’.

3 Likes