🆕 Rollups, Single Values and JoinLists FROM ARRAYS!

You’ve always been able to create Rollup columns, Single Value Columns and Join List columns from a multiple relation or an entire sheet, but now you can create them from an ARRAY COLUMN!

22 Likes

Yes Super
I saw the single value ​​yesterday in the staging but didn’t think it was already in production.
This will simplify (or not) a lot of things.
Thanks for this video :+1:

2 Likes

Superb! Thanks for sharing Bob.

2 Likes

very, very useful

3 Likes

Gosh!!! I was thinking about it today to do something in a app.

Now I know I can :star_struck::star_struck:

3 Likes

This is great!
Thanks!

So mysterious!

2 Likes

Hard to explain :rofl:

thanks @Robert_Petitto

very interesting: Lookup a column in a sheet w/o a relation to return an array :exploding_head:
I need to think through it.

Does this open the door to concatenating arrays using a template column, e.g. join 2 arrays columns together X Y?

Moreover, Could I then eliminate unwanted things by replacing any occurrence of ‘thing’ with empty string?

My use case it to concatenate a split list from one sheet with a split list from another (email of people that have ever attended an event) and remove specific users.

Very nice. Thanks for the overview.

But … I really want conditional relationships :slight_smile:

3 Likes

keep wanting :wink:

2 Likes

@Robert_Petitto @Jeff_Hager @Darren_Murphy @Lucas_Pires

I saw Jeff and Rob talking about sorting a relation and create a chart from it a long while ago. Does this help solving the problem?

I imagine the steps should be like below:

• Create a multiple relation.
  • Do a lookup to return the right column (do we need this?).
  • Use Manu/Rob’s Yes-Code column to sort the relation/lookup array.
  • Create a join text column from the sorted array.
3 Likes

Hola @ThinhDinh

I tested the Yes Code Column using a lookup as an array but unfortunately, the relation must be simple! :face_with_thermometer:

When a lookup column depends on a multiple relation, it isn’t available in Yes-Code column’s fields.

It’s a tragedy!!

1 Like

:persevere::persevere:

Thanks my friend! Hope we can do it one day :wink:

1 Like

Hello @ThinhDinh , @gvalero
I don’t know what to look for exactly, but you can sort on an array from a multiple relation !!
I may be off topic :wink:

1 Like

Ufff… let me try and test again @Manu.n

Test with this
https://array-sort.manun2.repl.co

Source:

Interesting @Manu.n !!

your code includes an array as parameter and this explains why you can use a lookup from a multiple relation :upside_down_face:

I was using the Mark’s glide-yes-code-hell-yes template and of course, none of parameters is set to work as an array, they all are string or primitive:

I little modification can improve and make more versatile the glide-yes-code-hell-yes template and save time/effort.

Thanks for this great trick and tip!

Feliz día!

2 Likes