Rollup acts up when changing Viewing As

Scenario: displaying two Rollup values stored in Users table via Field Component.

The Rollup values sum up Math fields stored in another table.
Both tables have Email field configured as Row Owner.

Facing an issue in Layout, when changing Viewing As, one field updates to proper Rollup value, the other field shows either 0 or randomly shows correct value then stops on subsequent changes of Viewing As.

In Data view, when changing Viewing As, proper line highlighted, but values in the table aren’t consistent neither.

What am I doing wrong?

It would help to see how you have everything set up, but usually when Row Owners are involved, some people expect to see the Rollup of data, including data from unowned rows. Is that maybe your case? Are you expecting to see a sum including values from rows that are unowned by the user you are viewing as?

Also it’s sometimes the case that row owners act up when switching the View As. In that case, a simple browser refresh is enough to correct it.

When building the app, you won’t see the actual rollup value in the data editors if row owners are enabled. You’ll only see the true value in the layout.

So, if the field shows 0, then that row owners might not be set correctly or just be laggy as you’re switching between “view as” users.

1 Like

Are you expecting to see a sum including values from rows that are unowned by the user you are viewing as? - No, I expect to see each owner to see only their own valued rolled up

simple browser refresh is enough to correct it - Indeed, refresh fixes it at first, but on subsequent Viewing As changes the bug returns, weirdly only for one field but the other works fine!

RollupActsUp (1)
Here is the problem shown in the animated gif

I have just posted animated gif showing the problem in Layout. First round works fine for both fields as you see, then on subsequent rounds only one field gets updated but not the other… thoughts?

If it’s working with a refresh, then I probably wouldn’t worry about it too much. Things can get weird when switching who you are viewing as in the builder. In reality, the published app would not act like that because you can switch users without first signing out and signing back in.

1 Like