Returning to the parent tab rather than the child tab

I’ve had this problem with all apps I’ve made but I’ll use this one as an example.

I’m making a marketplace app and it will have several tabs including a Home tab and a Cameras tab. The Cameras tab is where all cameras are listed. If someone selects a specific camera (Canon) in the Cameras tab it will take them to another screen where the details of that Canon camera are visible. If the user then goes to the Home tab and then back to the Cameras tab, they will still be on the detail screen of the Canon camera they last selected, rather than back on the main Cameras tab that shows all cameras.

Is there an easy way to make it so that when a user leaves the child tab of the parent and then returns, that tab reverts to the original parent tab again?

…if that makes sense.

No, that’s not possible. This is where Glide can give the developer the chance to configure this behaviour.

Some will want it exactly as it is now because they have tabs with multiple levels of navigation. It would be frustrating to come back to that tab and have to navigate again to where they were. And there are cases where they want it like you.

I was afraid you were going to say that.

Thanks for the quick reply. :smiley:

1 Like

In this case, I created a floating button that points to the homepage.

Just want to say floating buttons are not available as of now, in the new Glide Apps.