Replicating Glide Table fields in a Google Sheet

Hi,
I have an App that uses Glide tables. I currently export data from one of the tables to a Google Sheet once a day, however, this relies on me manually initiating the export. It looks like I need the Enterprise version to automate this using the API.

Is it possible to add a Google Sheet as a table in my database, use a template column in my Glide table, to concatenate the fields I want to export, and a Joined List in my Google Sheet? I have given it a go but do not seem to be able to add the Google Sheet.

Thanks,
Mike

If you do need to export things everyday, I would recommend moving the tables you need to export to a Sheet that is connected to the app (yes, you can add a Sheet even if you started with Glide Tables only), and rebuild everything for those tables (computed columns, components etc).

Thanks for your suggestion. I started building my solution in Google Sheets and switched to Glide Tables as the performance is better - it is a loan management system. Am I right in saying you cannot export/fetch data from a glide table unless you trigger an event manually or go for the enterprise option?

Hola!

If that means you need to use Glide API, the answer is yes. You must have a Pro or Enterprise plan to carry out it.

Saludos

1 Like