I’m new with glide, just practicing for about 1 month or so.
So i made this glide app: Parmalivery
It is basically a showcase of merchants, artisans and businesses that provide home delivery / home service in Parma, my beautiful city in Italy
Under the hood, my spreadsheet is divided in two sheets:
- Merchants sheet: with business names, categories, addresses (about 350 records)
- Categories sheet: with category name and the category icon associated (about 50 records)
So in “Merchant sheet” I setup:
- a Relation column that links Merchants sheet’s categories with Categories’ category name
- a Lookup column to get the category icon based on the Relation column
It works fine. However, beeing poor ( ), I’m using the free plan and I’m getting close to the 500 rows limit. So I’m trying to get rid of the Categories sheet to save 50 records by
- copying the columns from Categories sheet to Merchant sheet
- editing the Relation column to link two columns in the same sheet, the Merchant sheet.
The problem occours here: when I try to setup the Relation within the same sheet, what I obtain in the column is not the category name but the “business name” of the merchant. Screen attached.
What I’m doing wrong? Any suggestion would be appreciated.