QR Scanning ability within app

Hi there good people,
Would it be possible to have a QR code scanner integrated in the app?
I would use it to pair my clients with a physical product they receive at the point of sale and to scan receipts of their purchase.
I argue that It would be very useful in general to have the ability to allow users to enter data into the sheet by scanning a QR code. It will allow users to enter a lot of prefabricated data into the sheet, do authentication at the point of sale and allow for many many other use cases.
Who else would see a use for this?

Ramon

4 Likes

I agree. The ability to 1) generate a QR Code with encoded info (read from a google sheet), and 2) the ability to scan that code and write the encoded info (along with basic transactional data of date/time scanned, geolocation of scan, etc.) to another tab within the google sheet would be a very, very, VERY useful function that could allow more sophisticated apps to be built.

2 Likes

Heya, Here is a sheet to generate QR Codes :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1hBMoc-FmAXf4z3LOGez8hnXg_S6rbCnCDVNzfQOhlPc/template/preview?usp=drive_web

They could scan the QR that links to a google form they could populate the form with their Glideapp Email, Product ID etc and submit. (you could dig around about pre-populating a form, this would be best case scenario)

1 Like

Hi Phil,
Thank you for this sheet! This would indeed be great to have user generated (or otherwise) data
be shown in the app as a QR code to be scanned later but for many applications this is half the issue.
I was talking about having a camera like feature inside glide that allows to scan the QR from
within the app to import data. You gave a great solution for a way to output a QR from within glide but not a way to import a QR code inside the app.
Great sheet though… thank you again for that

Ramon

1 Like

Some people have already asked for this feature some time ago. I hope it is on the list of upcoming implementations (see here)

1 Like

That was me and the feature got 17 up votes befor
Assuming it’s very helpful. This feature will make my app Completed. Please
@Mark

1 Like

City adventures, hiking routes with information points, warehouse internal tools… there could be many use cases for this (too :smiley:).

1 Like