Private Chat Component

I assure you, after working on mobile for the last decade and publishing apps to the app stores, I understand what push notifications are and why they are useful.

The reason Glide apps today do not have push notifications is because Apple does not allow them unless you go to the App Store. We are working on App Store publishing.

13 Likes

Well, at least we “vented” haha. Let us know if we as your Glide community can support your efforts to influence Apple in any way. That’s probably a long-shot but there are a lot of voices here! If you ever wanted to run some sort of survey among us about how much we want/need iOS support for these notifications etc. to use as a part of your broader strategy - just one idea. If it’s only a matter of being able to publish to the app store to gain this functionality, that’s another matter. I imagine everyone doesn’t want to do that. Thanks! :innocent:

2 Likes

hmm. nice point

1 Like

So…all of this to say, back to the Original Topic of the post—

A chat component (regardless of notifications) would be great!

13 Likes

+1

Perfect thanks it gaves too much informations

Totally agree!

1 Like

Hi it is very cool and easy. But the problem is chat with button. Because
Step 1 when you started a chat and if it is approved, chat is starting
Step 2 chat button is still active so new uniq code can be added again.

how can you fix it? If conversation started you can open in same team again and again. Your chat list will increase with same people

1 Like

Lets say If there is a scenario where user would like to initiate chat with Customer Service.

In this case multiple user would want to chat with Customer Services. User would be restricted to chat only with Customer Service.

How can we achieve above part.

Twak.to

How to use it in glide
Could you please share knowledge

Yes!