Private Chat attached to Form Submission

I have someone submitting a form and I want there to be a chat attached to that submission that will be between the person who submitted the form and the role of admin. Does someone have a good tutorial on how to do this. I’ve tried a few different methods and keep screwing it up.

• Add a Comments table.
  • Add a chat component to the details screen of the submission, writing to the Comments table, make sure you pass a value over to reference the submission’s rowID.
  • Create a multiple relation from the Submissions table to the Comments table using the rowID.
  • Go back to your chat component to reference the relation as the data source.
  • If more people than just the person who submitted the form and admins can view the submission, use appropriate visibility conditions for the chat component.
2 Likes

How would you go about utilizing Push Notifications to let each person know when the other has posted.

• Create a query pointing to your Users table, filter all rows that have the role as Admin.
  • Create a lookup pulling back all their emails.
  • If you haven’t got the person who submitted the form’s email (you should), add that to your form submission flow.
  • Create a Make Array column, joining the Admin emails and the submitter’s email.
  • Create a remove element from array column, remove the signed-in user’s email from the make array result above.
  • In the comments table, create a relation back to the form submissions table, and lookup the final array above.
  • Every time users submit a new comment, send a push notification to the lookup array of emails.

Could you just make a “new screen” that shows “on submit”? You could add a chat component there and have a chat that uses row owners and Big Tables to seamlessly move chats?

What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by “seamlessly move”?