Possible to have a tab where you must complete a form EACH DAY before you can see all the other tabs?

Ok, so I want my users to take an action each day - like maybe make a journal entry, or answer a question…and then maybe increment action on a button takes them “into the app”, meaning all the other tabs are now visible. BUT - how do I arrange this to happen every 24 hours?!

1 Like

Dare I risk the “I” word again … :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Please do! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Ok … since you asked so nicely … I would use Integromat again to look at your sheet at a time of day you choose (either for all users or on a user-by-user basis) work out who needs to do what and either (A) update a row relating to a user or (B) add a new row relating to a user. Either should suffice for the app to then know what to do about visibility.

2 Likes

How I would do if I want a way using only gsheets:

Every input from the user would Have a timestamp, if the users don’t have a stamp with “today” value, they wouldn’t have access to some content and only to the action you need them to perform.

Hope it helps you, let me know if you need more information about how to do it.

2 Likes

You can’t argue with a cat emoji haha!

@V88, those functions are available for free users (better, this is still an option for integromat? Free plan)? I didn’t build anything using glide, zapier or integromat for months before launching 2 apps this week, that’s why I don’t remember many of the features…

1 Like

You get a lot for free with Integromat but I use the cheapest paid plan. I think the differences are only capacity based for the most part and perhaps frequency of checking for things like new rows in Google sheets. I find it absolutely rock solid and it transforms what my apps can do. It’s like the server-side logic that we used to have to write services by hand to make work.

Example. Customer wants Glide app to display stock to customers. Trouble is stock system is really old and can only export in XML via FTP. No problem. I set Integromat to login via secure FTP early each morning, download the XML file, parse it, filter out the bits I need and update my Google Sheet. App is then ready for when customers wake up with latest stock levels.

1 Like

I do this in my free template here:

1 Like

Ahhh! Finished a quick dinner and came back to so many great ideas! Thank you Gliders! I love this community! :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :relaxed:

1 Like

All good suggestions so far. I imagine that the action you want them to take is completing a form. Along with their entry, Submit the timestamp. Create an if then else column to result in true if timestamp is today. Use a template column to combine the email address and the if then else column (true or empty/false/something else).

in your user profile tab, create a template that combines the email address and the word true.

Create a relation from the user profile tab to the form submission using that template column.

It should only create a relation if the user has submitted something for that day. Otherwise it will be empty. Use the is empty / is not empty as a tab visibility condition.

4 Likes

Oh, this is fantastic! I am going to try it out first thing in the morning! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

To add to what Robert has said, my suggestion would be creating a list of days in advance, let’s say 7 days in the Sheets, and an ITE column to determine if any of those days is Today.

In your User Profiles, create a template column with the value “Today”. Make a relation - lookup to bring the real “Today” value (in Date format) back.

Then when the user submits a form, collect their date of submission. Make the template of email and “today” value as Robert suggested and create the relation.

In theory, the list of days in advance would give you the buffer time for Sheets to update new days, even if they’re 6 days late you will always have a “Today”.

4 Likes

I think the simplest solution is from @ionamol, then refined by @Robert_Petitto and @ThinhDinh. In my scenario I’d still need Integromat however, since I want to “nudge” the user if they haven’t submitted today, by one of three methods (a) email (b) text © notifying their manager. Additionally my users are allowed until 10am to submit!

4 Likes

Just waking up and going to try this now! Thank you everyone! Happy Monday! :star_struck:

3 Likes

@Robert_Petitto and @ThinhDinh always explain better than me haha!

2 Likes

But you got it started! :relaxed:

1 Like