Possible to get a link to a specific row in my table?

In my app I have help and trouble shooting section.
I have this section in a separate table. Normally the user would access this ressource via a list under the profile setting.

I have a few places in the app where I would like to link directly to certain row in my ressource table, however in such cases I don’t want them to go away from whatever workflow they’re in and ideally do it via a popup. However I haven’t reliably been able to do this so I thought if I would be able to utilise the URL action is it possible to get a link to a database row?

If you can establish a Single Relation from the current row to the desired row in your Troubleshooting table, then you could use a Show Details Screen through that relation in an Overlay or Slide-in screen.

1 Like

Hi @Darren_Murphy

Didn’t think about it this way, thanks for your input - however my problem i’m trying to get around still persist. I want the user not to be able to click the ‘X’ as it’s in the middle a custom form and there has been alot of data entry and if they click the ‘X’ instead of the back arrow they go back to square one - something that would annoy most people.

Ideally there would be a way to completely det rid of the ‘X’ - especially have long custom form and want to rely on your own workflow.
So i thought to get around this would be to open the section in a separate URL.

Why do you have the “x” there though? You’re showing it in an overlay/slide in?

1 Like

I have it as an overlay as when as use main it does not have the ‘X’ but when I press the the back arrow it goes all they back to the place where I launch the form where which the link is part of.

Rather than navigating to another screen, my suggestion would be to use the action to toggle a user specific boolean column that would show or hide a component/container with the details.

2 Likes

Thank you @Darren_Murphy, after spending some more time on this, this is they forward for me atm

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.