šŸ†• Please try the new Glide builder

It is either in this thread, or another discussing the changes coming, but there is a roadmap reason for why they have been moved to the left. Fairly sure it was to do with grouping components, and more options going forward.

Whether you like it or not, now the new layout is definitive :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Jason Thereā€™s an issue with the action configuration screen getting hidden behind the left-hand panel in the Custom Action builder:

2 Likes

How did you get the action editor to come up without the left panel going awayā€¦

Is it supposed to go away?

@jason
Also another bug:
When Iā€™m setting Tab Visibility, any time I click any portion of the visibility condition form fields, it kicks me out of the tab and sends me to a new tab. I have inadvertently changed visibility conditions on tabs because of this.

EDIT: @jason
Actually this glitch just caused me to lose an entire screenā€¦It actually has nothing to do with Tab Visibilityā€¦itā€™s caused by simply editing a Tab located in the menu. Wellā€¦looks like I know what Iā€™m doing for the next 90 minutes. :angry:

1 Like

Very much so yes

Quick observations/notes, apologies if already mentioned:

Overall, some changes make sense, others are confusing and will take getting used to.

• I appreciate the minimal UI, but itā€™s rendered the interface less accessible. Harder to orient oneself to a (mostly) monochromatic, low-contrast environment. Especially challenging for those of us with less-than-perfect neural responses and/or vision.

• I keep kicking myself out of the editor by clicking the arrow in the top-left corner out of sheer desire to collapse the left panel and regain lost space. [probably a carryover habit ā€“ collapsing Airtable views]

• What will search do, confronted with its diminished prowess? Shame to see relevant sheets (where the search string is found) no longer highlighted.

1 Like

Me tooā€¦and a bunch of data disappearedā€¦kinda frustrating not gonna lie.
:expressionless:

Sorry that you lost your data! Also, happy cakeday! :cake:

4 Likes

Thanks for your report. Please continue here :arrow_down: as it looks like that the issue is not related to the new Glide builder.

Thanks for helping us keeping the forum organised. :slight_smile:

They are doing their best, especially during these tough times.

3 Likes

I had the same issue and wiped out an entire screen with lots of embedded logic :cry:

Good thing I remember my logic (mostly) so I was able to recreate (albeit painfully). If there isnā€™t already a feature request for version history rollback capability, that would be a great add!

1 Like

Itā€™s a good idea. Youā€™ve my vote.

1 Like

Jason,
Iā€™m mondering if itā€™s possible for us to use the old builder (if/when the builder is online) for another week if we choose.

Oh my goodness, YES. I do this several times a day accidentally.

3 Likes

Itā€™s the arrow. Possibly the wrong visual cue. Can just be a Glide logo or something like thatā€¦

First of all congratulations on moving to a new UI. Initial impressions - looks pretty good.
I have two issues with the layout though:

Please move the hidden tabs to the very bottom

1. The Layout menu split between left and right side of the screen is pain in the NECK (literally). Why not keep the style same as that of ā€œSettingsā€ two panels side by side.
2 Likes

You can drag-and-drop your tabs, hidden or not, wherever youā€™d like.

@jason

Has this been pushed out yet? Iā€™m still seeing this:

ā€œChatsā€ at the bottom is a Glide table.