Page displays in mobile view on large screen

I have built a Glide Page and it displays 5 columns in desktop mode and 2 columns in mobile mode. But when I view the page on a large monitor, it displays in mobile view. Why is this? How do I set the resolution so the page displays in desktop mode?

Hi @Matt_Clausen,

Welcome to the community :partying_face:

The Page displays correctly as large in the Glide Editor and the Page displays as a mobile view when you open the Page with your computer/laptop?

Is it possible to add some full screenshots of the screen?

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks @Dilon_Perera! Here are examples of the view in desktop mode while building the page (image on top) and on a 42" TV in mobile vide mode (on the bottom). I need the glide page to display in desktop mode on my TV.

May we know what “browser” is your TV using? It might have been interpreted by the system as a “mobile”.

I’m using an Asus Chrome stick running the Google Chrome browser version 86.4240.199 official build (32bit). The browser is not on the TV but on the chrome stick. The TV is acting as the monitor for the chrome stick.

1 Like

@SantiagoPerez do we need a ticket for this or can go straight to engineering to ask about this behaviour?

The second picture is the picture of a template. So I think I’m not following the issue.

I tried my chrome book laptop and that displays the glide page correctly. So your theory of the device may have some legitimacy. Not sure why the chrome stick is displaying in mobile mode as when used for normal computing it displays just fine.

Also, the chrome stick and chrome book are both running at 1920x1080 resolution.

It might have something to do with the browser agent, not the resolution of the display, hence my question.

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/detect/what-is-my-user-agent/

Browser Agent Info: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS armv7l 13421.102.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.199 Safari/537.36

The first and second pictures are both of the template. The issue is the display size for each is different even though they should both be in desktop view.

Sorry for the late reply!

Does the Page displays correctly on your TV after you copy this template and view it inside Glide editor and view the editor on your TV or after viewing inside the editor publish it and open that Page in a new tab and view that tab in your TV?

No, once published and viewed through the normal link on the TV it still displays in mobile mode.